Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headlight mounts
richwill

posted on 10/6/15 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Headlight mounts

I have the Luego headlight mounts fitted and have 7 inch headlights. I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of movement in the brackets and that this causes the lights to vibrate and bounce. The brackets are securely bolted to the chassis. Another motorist made a comment ' Your headlights are loose ' however they are not loose but do vibrate.
Has any one else had this problem and come up with a solution?
I was thinking of trying to triangulate a brace from the front of the mount onto the front suspension mount to tighten things up.

rusty nuts

posted on 10/6/15 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Yet another job I keep meaning to do.
Smoking Frog

posted on 10/6/15 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
A smaller lighter light may help with vibration in the bracket, unless you really wanted to keep the 7" ones.
richwill

posted on 10/6/15 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
I have just got some smaller lights to fit but I will need to beef up the mounts somehow.
Smoking Frog

posted on 10/6/15 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe try some close cell foam under the bracket fixing. Do you have a pic of the bracket? It may be possible to weld an extra piece on the inside to allow another two fixing into the side of the top chassis rail. Or just weld the brackets onto the chassis, which is what I did on mine.
richwill

posted on 10/6/15 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure how to upload pictures but i think I will look at adding an extra brace or piece to fix to the top wishbone mount to triangulate the bracket.
kenton

posted on 10/6/15 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same problem.
I found that the inboard end of the mount (square plate that bolts to the chassis) is too thin and was flexing. Welding another plate on top of the original effectivly doubling its thickness solved it.
Kenton

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.