Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which seats
knight19770

posted on 9/11/16 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Which seats

Hi Guy's , getting to the stage where i need to think about which seats to install in my luego viento. I am quite a large guy at 6ft 4" and well build (chubby) . I like the look of the carbon seats with the pads but unsure how comfortable these would be? . Can anyone also recommend any suppliers to have a look at and also which harness would be best for the dreaded IVA. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mike

CosKev3

posted on 9/11/16 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Can highly recommend JK Composites,high quality seats and really great service from Jordan and Keith

Offer a few different sizes,shown on there website.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Myke 2463

posted on 9/11/16 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Can highly recommend JK Composites,high quality seats and really great service from Jordan and Keith

Offer a few different sizes,shown on there website.

Same again. comfortable without padding. top quality.

Be Lucky Mike.

David Jenkins

posted on 9/11/16 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
How comfortable are those JK seats without the padding?

I have sat in similar ones unpadded, and they really weren't too bad.

pekwah1

posted on 9/11/16 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I can tell you that i am also 6'4", and weigh in at just under 16 stone, so not a small guy.
As i had a striker, i needed the narrowest seats possible, so opted for JK composites narrow seats without pads.
I found them very comfortable, they are quite moulded so don't feel like you're sat just on the floor.

The only thing i did do was to cut out the side pieces where the harnesses go through so that they are just open so that my bulging fat had somewhere to move, but i'm sure that's just because i needed narrow seats to fit in the car, the normal ones would probably be ok.

Oh, and i had plenty of long trips in the car (couple of hours etc), so was sat there for a while!

[Edited on 9/11/16 by pekwah1]

knight19770

posted on 9/11/16 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Guy's, Will go and have a look at there website, Plenty room in the luego viento for slightly wider seats, Which harnesses would you suggest for these and what requirements do they need to have to be okay for the IVA?
Huttojb

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Same here,
I'm 6ft, not on the thin side and I have some JKs. Very good seat, brilliant service from JK and quite comfortable once your wedged in.

[Edited on 9/11/16 by Huttojb]

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

If only DEAD people understand hexadecimal - 57,005

anthony1

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sitting comfortably........

I have a pair of fibreglass Triton race seats with Diamond stitched padding from European trimming. I have to say that even without the pads they are very comfortable!! The seats in our fleet of family cars usually have me nearly unable to move after a long drive.....The seat pads were expensive , but made with green stitching to match the car , the service from European trimming was excellent.
pekwah1

posted on 9/11/16 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
My JK seats went through IVA fine - they have kind of a build in headrest so ok there.
Harness wise, for IVA they just need to be adjustable while sat in the car, so need to make sure lap strap buckle bit is accessible once sat in.
I think there was something about needing a particular type of release buckle, mine had the turn 90 degree type which again went through IVA ok.
If i'm right, the requirement is something like it needs to be able to be released one handed.

kingster996

posted on 9/11/16 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
JK all the way!

IVA no problem.

As for comfort they are brilliant. Did the Alps this year and spent up to 12 hrs a day in them for 9 days. More comfy than my tin top!

Can't fault them.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.