Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: vortx in kitcar mag
andy d (rizla)

posted on 26/3/05 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
vortx in kitcar mag

just to let anyone whos building a vortx or thinking of building one

get a copy of this months(april out now)kitcar magazine,my blade powerd car is in a 5 page feature on the vortx(dream come true)

ive also put some wallpapers on my website for all to use

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nicklondon

posted on 26/3/05 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
heard about it from Chris at MNR when i picked my kit up,excellent feature and nice car,hope you have sorted the little problem with the steering wheel.
Dillinger1977

posted on 26/3/05 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
ahaaa, i scanned the pics from the magazine so I could do some photoshop trickery and play with the car colours to see what looks good, but the mag print is a bit grainy.
those wallpapers look like the fullsize digicam shots so i'll use them instead, cheers!

-Rog

smart51

posted on 26/3/05 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
how fast is a vortex with a blade engine. I am about to start building one and am unsure what engine to choose.
andy d (rizla)

posted on 26/3/05 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
top speed with a 3.62 diff is about 120,but its the getting there thats the buzz,its very light and very responsive,

oh i have 15 inch wheels also
it is more than powerfull enough,too many people go for busa ect but i love the blade,its robust and after the rolling road puts out 130bhp at the rear wheels
hope that helps

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
smart51

posted on 27/3/05 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
thanks rizla.

top speed is not my thing. I want acceleration. is a 90 Nm 900cc engine up to is or is a 120Nm 1100cc engine just too much?

andy d (rizla)

posted on 27/3/05 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
i personaly love the blade(marc also uses this in the race car) i was surprised at how much pull(torque)it had,ive done a fair bit of circuit racing in my youth(bangers,stock cars,formula first and a short stint in tvr tuscan) and handleing is my thing not top speed,having said that 120 is more than il ever need on the road and more than ok for track use

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.