Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Real 0-60 times
daniel mason

posted on 27/4/14 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
its geared and logged at 143mph and was on the limiter way before finish line. and the clock was incorrect. it still was a lot more accurate than a guy with a calculator and pencil,which is more or less the same as a wild guess!

jeffw

posted on 27/4/14 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Even assuming that it might be 143MPH that Derek Hodder hit while passing the finish line, that car is a very high powered Honda CEC (well over 500BHP) so I'm at a loss to see your point, Daniel. Even crap aero can be pushed through the air with enough power. I hit 158MPH at Goodwood on the Lavant straight but even that does help the OP.

daniel mason

posted on 28/4/14 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
im well aware that a certain amount of power can push these cars onto high speeds.and didn't want this thread to turn sour. but sometimes when certain people try to antagonise people on the forum,with made up facts (its been going on,on many forums for a number of years with certain people) I feel someone should speak up.
a light bec should be very quick to 60mph which is what the op wanted to know. id suggest looking at sprint results and see which cars got off the line quickest! apologies to the op.

Jon Ison

posted on 28/4/14 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
mmmmmmmm, quickest off the line sprint times

phelpsa

posted on 28/4/14 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
What distance was that Jon? Surely not 64ft?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 28/4/14 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
I honestly don't know, whatever they measure at Barkston heath, just went for a play having never driven the sprint circuit there before was reasonably pleased with the results, oddly enough I have another somewhere I will have to dig out, blows the 4wd theory off the line out the window, 3 out of the top 3 times where posted by BECs admittedly one on slicks (not moi) not sure what engine was in the warner car bit I think (could be wrong) that was bike too so that's 4 out of 4 then a bit of a gap to the rest ?

I just had the same engine and road legal tyres that saw BECs banned from the GOME 6 hour endurance event apparently to much speed differential, I'll leave others to debate which way but will add when we entered we where belittled a somewhat with our rice burning tiny motors that wouldn't even last 1/2 the event.

eta, just to put a little more meat on the bones, the GOME 6 hour event rules dictate 4 driver changes per hour but both drivers must be in the car on the circuit at all times in other words 2 up for the whole event.

[Edited on 28/4/14 by Jon Ison]

franky

posted on 28/4/14 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Like I said to a work colleague recently, the 0-60 times are totally irrelevant, that is only the fist 5 seconds of any journey.

Or 3?

Chalkey

posted on 28/4/14 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ian locostzx9rc2
4.5secs or 5.0 secs

I'd be very surprised if any were that slow, they must weigh a ton or something must be wrong somewhere!

Mine is just over 400kg and does over 70mph in first gear :-)

Mr Mackey

posted on 28/4/14 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chalkey
quote:
4.5secs or 5.0 secs

I'd be very surprised if any were that slow, they must weigh a ton or something must be wrong somewhere!

But what's your 0-60 time mate?

jeffw

posted on 28/4/14 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

If that is 64ft it is a stunning time. I can do 2.2sec 64ft with cold tyres and around 1.9-2.0 with warm tyres. 1.8 is awesome.

jeffw

posted on 28/4/14 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I just had the same engine and road legal tyres that saw BECs banned from the GOME 6 hour endurance event apparently to much speed differential, I'll leave others to debate which way but will add when we entered we where belittled a somewhat with our rice burning tiny motors that wouldn't even last 1/2 the event.

eta, just to put a little more meat on the bones, the GOME 6 hour event rules dictate 4 driver changes per hour but both drivers must be in the car on the circuit at all times in other words 2 up for the whole event.

Lol....you can't let that go, can you Jon.

Jon Ison

posted on 28/4/14 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

Lol....you can't let that go, can you Jon.

TBH I think it puts up the BEC side of the debate pretty well, they laughed at us when we dared to enter our puney little BECs into a endurance event 2 up then re wrote the rule book and banned us afterwards, which way to people want it ?

BECs cant cut it 2 up against more powerful CEC's or they can ? Which one is it ?

Chalkey

posted on 28/4/14 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Mackey
quote:
quote:
4.5secs or 5.0 secs

mmm well my bum dyno tells me its quicker than my Exige I owned previously, so I guess sub 4 seconds. I would be very keen to have a go with one of the GPS gizmos to really be sure but at the end of the day, it is a track car, not a drag car so for me the 0-60 really is irrelevant but I'd still say - pretty damn quick!

One thing to look out for though if you are looking to purchase is what type of diff and diff ratio the car has as some will rev out at circa 100mph max. Mine will see approx. 135mph before bouncing off the rev limiter in 6th.

I'd go and try a few different cars to get a balanced view... For me they are very compromising on the road, very tiring unless your on some good twisty b-roads but its on track where it really comes to life.

Blue-printed ZX10R Superstock spec from Ex BSB Team
FlatShifter
Quaife LSD
R888
412Kg (admittedly the weight will go up considerably when I sit in it!)

[Edited on 28/4/14 by Chalkey]

bi22le

posted on 28/4/14 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Mackey
quote:
quote:
4.5secs or 5.0 secs

mmm well my bum dyno tells me its quicker than my Exige I owned previously, so I guess sub 4 seconds. I would be very keen to have a go with one of the GPS gizmos to really be sure but at the end of the day, it is a track car, not a drag car so for me the 0-60 really is irrelevant but I'd still say - pretty damn quick!

One thing to look out for though if you are looking to purchase is what type of diff and diff ratio the car has as some will rev out at circa 100mph max. Mine will see approx. 135mph before bouncing off the rev limiter in 6th.

I'd go and try a few different cars to get a balanced view... For me they are very compromising on the road, very tiring unless your on some good twisty b-roads but its on track where it really comes to life.

Blue-printed ZX10R Superstock spec from Ex BSB Team
FlatShifter
Quaife LSD
R888
412Kg (admittedly the weight will go up considerably when I sit in it!)

[Edited on 28/4/14 by Chalkey]

you may of mentioned this elsewhere but what chassis is this?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Chalkey

posted on 28/4/14 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
you may of mentioned this elsewhere but what chassis is this?

Worx RR

franky

posted on 28/4/14 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
0-62 in 3.4, 0-100 in 7.3, thats a 650kg car with a na engine. 155+mph.
Chalkey

posted on 28/4/14 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
0-62 in 3.4, 0-100 in 7.3, thats a 650kg car with a na engine. 155+mph.

and a nice straight six growl...

Proby

posted on 28/4/14 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
My F27 blade will hit 60 in 4.07 seconds, with the right tyres, tarmac & driver. It's lightweight (circa 490kg) being a narrowbody and having a live rear end. Not bad for a car with 130bhp. I've owned some very quick/fast cars over the years, and nothing 'feels' as quick as this to 60. After that, other cars (including my 200bhp diesel tintop) will blow it away in a straight line. As said, put a passenger in with me and it kills it, really knocks the edge off.

Visit GraphicMonster

jeffw

posted on 28/4/14 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Setting aside the BEC/CEC thing for a moment

1. Kit cars feel much faster than normal cars
2. Only Journalist are able to match 0-60 times and the manufacture replaces the clutch after each test.
3. Most BECs will leave the vast majority of cars for Dead, on the road or on the track, until you get to silly speeds.
4. 0-60 times are like dyno printouts and car weight figures....makes us feel good but are probable mostly pub figures.
5. I can out drag most if not all 4wd cars in the dry but when it rains....4wd and traction control wins.

Get what you fancy and then enjoy it.

phelpsa

posted on 28/4/14 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

If that is 64ft it is a stunning time. I can do 2.2sec 64ft with cold tyres and around 1.9-2.0 with warm tyres. 1.8 is awesome.

Your times are pretty spectacular too Jeff. Is that with A24 ZZRs?

My best is 2.04 secs with pretty much brand new A15 slicks, and I am consistently the fastest (to 64ft...) in the class. Even the top running mod Westfields on radial slicks with launch/traction control struggle to go below 2.1. Admittedly it is very surface dependent, but anything under 2.2 seconds on road tyres is very unusual!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 28/4/14 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

'twas a good day.

Fatgadget

posted on 28/4/14 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly OT...What's the significance of the 60 mph..arbitrary or what?
mcerd1

posted on 28/4/14 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
^^ its the speed limit on most roads

-

Jon Ison

posted on 28/4/14 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
but anything under 2.2 seconds on road tyres is very unusual!

That's me very unusual, those times where on triple 8's down to wear bars but spun up to get some heat in them pre start.

phelpsa

posted on 28/4/14 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
but anything under 2.2 seconds on road tyres is very unusual!

That's me very unusual, those times where on triple 8's down to wear bars but spun up to get some heat in them pre start.

Not doubting you Jon, but I need to figure out how you're doing it!

This was a 2.07: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0KKz9lGTNk

Times for the whole class here.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.