Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4Age - Max Speed?
snippy

posted on 28/8/18 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
4Age - Max Speed?

Just started filling out my IVA forms and it asks for the Max speed of my 4age engine. What have others quoted who have IVA`d with a 4age 1600? I was thinking around the 110 to 115 mph mark?
russbost

posted on 28/8/18 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
I usually put 119mph as it's the cut off for one of the tyre speed letters, that's the only reason they ask for a max design speed I believe

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
pekwah1

posted on 28/8/18 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
i believe they're asking for max speed of the car, cant remember what i put on mine, somewhere around 120-130 if memory serves, just make sure that whatever you put, your tyres are rated for at least this speed, it's one of the checks!
mcerd1

posted on 28/8/18 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
i believe they're asking for max speed of the car, cant remember what i put on mine, somewhere around 120-130 if memory serves, just make sure that whatever you put, your tyres are rated for at least this speed, it's one of the checks!

and that the speedo can read that high...

-

snapper

posted on 29/8/18 at 05:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1

and that the speedo can read that high...

They only test speedo to 70mph
Max car speed is for tyres only
Max engine RPM is only for exhaust noise test

These are some of the things we can be cautious with as over stating these parameters can cause trouble at the test if we get all pub bragging about our 200mph kit cars that rev to 10k ( unless it’s bike powered)

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

GonzoRacer

posted on 29/8/18 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
A pilot friend of mine says that a Cessna 152 only flies "just barely fast enough to kill you." Same might be true of our cars.

However, I doubt the folks reading your answers would appreciate the humor of that remark if you wrote it on your form.

Good luck!

"And it wasn't even a full moon."

mcerd1

posted on 29/8/18 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
They only test speedo to 70mph
Max car speed is for tyres only.......

this is the bit I was referring to:

quote:
IVA M1 inspection manual - Section 17
Required Standard
2. A speedometer must be capable of indicating the vehicle speed in miles per hour (mph) at uniform intervals not exceeding 20mph for all speeds up to the maximum design speed of the vehicle. (see Note 2.)

Note 2. It is acceptable if the maximum speed of the vehicle is indicated by the last increment on the speedometer which must not be more than 19mph beyond the last 20mph increment.

-

russbost

posted on 29/8/18 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, they only actually test speedo to 70mph, but if you put down 190 as max speed then you need to be able to show it's capable of displaying 190

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
snippy

posted on 6/9/18 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies all. The mk1 MR2 had a top speed of 119 mph so I think i`m gonna go with this. My tyres are V rated so I`m well under that figure anyway.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.