Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Changing pump system
Shooter63

posted on 30/5/18 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Changing pump system

At the moment my fuel system has 2 pumps one at the rear to pump the fuel up to the swirl pot then a high pressure one to the injectors, I want to change this to a single high pressure pump at the tank with a return line.
While I know I've got to mount the pump low at the base of the tank, I think I have a problem with the tank outlet as it comes out the top of the tank meaning while the pump will be low it will still have to suck the fuel up the height of the tank. Do you think this be ok or should I weld a new outlet at the bottom of the tank, I keep reading that F.I pumps do not like sucking.

Shooter

big-vee-twin

posted on 30/5/18 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Outlet at bottom the hp pumps need to be gravity fed, I have one pump but my tank also includes a sump/swirl pot in the bottom. You need to make sure you don't starve the pump when cornering

[Edited on 30/5/18 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

JAG

posted on 31/5/18 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
I have a single HP pump mounted underneath the fuel tank with an exit at the bottom of the tank.

I made the bottom exit from a pipe fitting and some Dowty/Bonded Seals. It works fine - no need to weld

I put a Swirl chamber inside the tank - it doesn't help if I run the tank low but my Pump has never complained

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

AntonUK

posted on 31/5/18 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Have look at the Land Rover - ESR3926 pump assy.

Build Photos Here

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.