Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Pump
ttalps2000

posted on 15/2/19 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Pump

What is the best HP electric fuel pump to go for at a reasonable cost? Will be running max 200hp non-turbo on a zetec on TB's.
Oddified

posted on 15/2/19 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
In tank or inline fitting?.

Ian

ttalps2000

posted on 15/2/19 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Inline
Myke 2463

posted on 16/2/19 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
From JJC RACE and Rally Universal External In-Line Fuel Injection Pump Bosch 0580464070 Replacement eBay item number:361025345369
Been using mine for 10 years with out any problem.

Be Lucky Mike.

ttalps2000

posted on 16/2/19 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
good to know that you have had no issues with yours. Always a bit put off by the cheap pumps due to the amount of trouble people seem to get with them.
BaileyPerformance

posted on 13/3/19 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
only buy genuine Bosch.
£90 Burton Power, in line.
Pump feed MUST be 12mm bore, gravity fed, no pre filter, filter after pump.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theduck

posted on 13/3/19 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Wouldnt trust anything branded from JJC to be genuine
BaileyPerformance

posted on 13/3/19 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Wouldnt trust anything branded from JJC to be genuine

Yep, Chinese shit

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CTLeeds

posted on 13/3/19 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
I bought an APS branded 044 equivalent from JJC and it started to fail after about 6 months and it was horrifically noisy straight out of the box. I was having problems with fuel delivery over 5k rpm and the pump was the culprit. I couldn't recommend you to buy one. I have since bought a genuine 070 Bosch and it's a lot quieter and delivers what it says it should at all engine demands. The Bosch draws a lot less current as well which has helped my battery issues a lot.

Chris

ttalps2000

posted on 13/3/19 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Genuine Bosch unit it is then!! Why no pre-filter? I have a swirl pot for it to run from my existing carb pump, not sure on the outlet size though
40inches

posted on 13/3/19 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CTLeeds
I bought an APS branded 044 equivalent from JJC and it started to fail after about 6 months and it was horrifically noisy straight out of the box. I was having problems with fuel delivery over 5k rpm and the pump was the culprit. I couldn't recommend you to buy one. I have since bought a genuine 070 Bosch and it's a lot quieter and delivers what it says it should at all engine demands. The Bosch draws a lot less current as well which has helped my battery issues a lot.

Chris

My understanding is that the 044 is a motor sport pump and is designed to be pressure fed by another pump,, or they are very noisy and prone to failure?

theduck

posted on 13/3/19 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
044 refers to a bosh part number, and the Bosch pump was an oe application pump. Like a lot of pumps though, they don’t like sucking on air.
40inches

posted on 13/3/19 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
044 refers to a bosh part number, and the Bosch pump was an oe application pump. Like a lot of pumps though, they don’t like sucking on air.

Only commenting because when I was trying to find info, before I bought a pump for the Jag engine
I found an article on the Bosch web site, of course, now I can't find it

Can only find this Link

[Edited on 13-3-19 by 40inches]

CTLeeds

posted on 13/3/19 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

Only commenting because when I was trying to find info, before I bought a pump for the Jag engine
I found an article on the Bosch web site, of course, now I can't find it

Can only find this Link

[Edited on 13-3-19 by 40inches]

I read that thread on PH when I started having problems but it didn't really clear anything up for me. I do know that the JJC 044 pump was drawing over 25 amps which was causing me big problems? The 044 was also overkill though for my max 230bhp application. The genuine Bosch 070 is a smaller pump but much more suited to my application and is drawing around 7 amps. It was also a straight swap in terms of electrical and plumbing installation. It's solved a lot of issues for me.

Chris

Oddified

posted on 13/3/19 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
When i built my new project i fitted the 'equivalent' of a Bosch 044, labelled as a DA31. Nothing but issues and the noise, the video below doesn't really show how loud it was!

16mm pipe feed, pump directly under the tank, no pre filter so the feed side was spot on.

Bit the bullet and bought a genuine 044, night and day difference and quiet. I did a video on youtube showing the difference in noise, straight back to back just swapping the pumps;-

Ian

CTLeeds

posted on 15/3/19 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oddified
When i built my new project i fitted the 'equivalent' of a Bosch 044, labelled as a DA31. Nothing but issues and the noise, the video below doesn't really show how loud it was!

16mm pipe feed, pump directly under the tank, no pre filter so the feed side was spot on.

Bit the bullet and bought a genuine 044, night and day difference and quiet. I did a video on youtube showing the difference in noise, straight back to back just swapping the pumps;-

Ian

Yep, great little vid. As you say, day and night.

Chris

ttalps2000

posted on 23/12/19 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Just about to order a 0580464070 bosch pump.

Do i need a pre-filter or not?! Some sites say you must, others dont mention it at all. Will be running a filter from the LP pump to the swirl pot anyway, and then a HP filter from the outlet of the pump, so dont see any benefit to be honest!

Oddified

posted on 23/12/19 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Don't run a pre-filter, especially if you have a swirl pot and filter on the feed to that. It's only asking for problems with fuel flow/cavitation.

Ian

starterman

posted on 23/12/19 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Bosch 044 and they're not expensive.
ttalps2000

posted on 24/12/19 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
ok to filter.

Dont need the output of the 044 pump and the 070 seems to be more than sufficient and a lot lower cost

40inches

posted on 24/12/19 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ttalps2000
ok to filter.

Dont need the output of the 044 pump and the 070 seems to be more than sufficient and a lot lower cost

I have a 070 on the Jag V6, 272 bhp @ 7200rpm and still climbing

starterman

posted on 24/12/19 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
How much is a 070 pump?
ttalps2000

posted on 24/12/19 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
£93 from Burton power

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.