Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It lives again
flak monkey

posted on 17/1/09 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
It lives again

After getting rather worried about getting my panther running on MS it all went relatively smootly today.

Found out that my temp sensors (although apprently both the same) gave wildly different temp readings and impedances. Seem to have fixed this relatively well with easy therm, though they are still a bit out and I am not sure if this is going to cause a problem or not yet.. (reading about 5deg low)

Other than that hiccup it was painless. Other than the obligatory fuel leaks (minor!).

Even started first time, all i was doing was looking for a cranking pulse, and she fired up after a couple of seconds. Took me by suprise as I was expecting to have to tweak lots of things to even get it to cough!

Went to start adjusting the balance of the throttle bodies (they are waaaaaay out) and the neighbour came and complained. Bearing in mind it had been running for under 3 mins at tick over I think thats a bit unfair....

Whats left is to tidy all of the wiring up and fix everything down properly (see pics). Other than that its pretty much ready to start tuning.

Heres some pics of the current state (literally!).

Jobs for tomorrow are:

1) tidy all of the wiring up and clip it in.
2) tidy the fuel lines up and make some brackets to hold the injector feed.
3) Chop a bit out of the nose to clear the injector feed pipe.
4) Connect throttle cable
5) Fix down ECU

What I would really like are some proper injector, TPS and temp sensor connectors. No idea where to get the temp ones from though

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

afj

posted on 17/1/09 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
go tell your neighbour to 'do one'

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

stevec

posted on 17/1/09 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Well done David.
Steve.

omega 24 v6

posted on 17/1/09 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Jeezo your neighbour must be a right PITA

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

big_wasa

posted on 17/1/09 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
David what plugs are you after ?

I have a gsxr tps and plug and a couple of others kicking about. I dont have any spare injector plugs but they are common to lots of bikes. Being gsxr they will be Denso injectors ? I know these are fitted to Yam R1's and others.

omega 24 v6

posted on 17/1/09 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops should also add well done Flak. Did you use any shielded wires at all if so on which items. You'll see from my other post that I'm still having problems

chris_smith

posted on 17/1/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
well done fantastic news, i guess you and the neighbour have never seen eye to eye, to come round so quick is ridiculous, anyway you can annoy him more once its on the road

chris

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

A1

posted on 17/1/09 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
nice one!

neighbors only exist to complain...we got tonnes of gip from them cause we used to start the tvr and reverse it out the garage a bit when working on the indy...

zilspeed

posted on 17/1/09 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
My neighbour and I hardly speak, but you can sense a slight atmosphere of grinning and bearing it tolerance from them. I do go out of my way to not cause hassle, but that's me.

The other day I managed to catch him for long enough to inform him that the overflow from his bathroom had been running for months and I was just letting him know as I see it every time I leave and enter the garage. I also pointed out to him all of the problems it was bringing with it. we're both detached, so it was no skin off my nose either way.

Today, I was astonished when he went ever so slightly out of his way to wave hello as he left to go out.
Only to return 10 minutes later with a plumber who fixed the overflow.

It's amazing how much difference a tiny bit of good will on both parts will make.

I suspect that me and my neighbour are now 'good' for a while again.

flak monkey

posted on 17/1/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Ooops should also add well done Flak. Did you use any shielded wires at all if so on which items. You'll see from my other post that I'm still having problems

I am running fuel only. But I am running sheilded wire from the coil to ms unit for trigger input (4 core metal braid sheilded, can probably get you some from work if you want some? to try) Also got a supressor on the coil.

I'll have a look at your log file in a min.

Cheers
David

Sera

mr henderson

posted on 17/1/09 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by afj

Or better still, go round with a bunch of flowers or a case of beer or something. Much better than aggression, and usually a lot cheaper.

People hate to think they are being ignored or their feelings being ridden over roughshod. All you need to do to correct the situation, usually, is to show that you care what they think.

John

matt.c

posted on 17/1/09 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Jeezo your neighbour must be a right PITA

You havent been down my road then..

Well done flak. Want a race now?

flak monkey

posted on 17/1/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
quote:
Originally posted by afj

Or better still, go round with a bunch of flowers or a case of beer or something. Much better than aggression, and usually a lot cheaper.

People hate to think they are being ignored or their feelings being ridden over roughshod. All you need to do to correct the situation, usually, is to show that you care what they think.

John

Tried that approach last year. As far as I am concerned I am not doing anything wrong. I am not making excessive noise, and 3 mins of running is hardly long is it? Its also the first time the car has run for 3 months! Its not like its every day! Next time he is getting told where to go, but I am not going out of my way to make a lot of noise. I was polite today.

The blokes impossible to reason with and is just a miserable old git with sweet FA better to do.

David

Sera

omega 24 v6

posted on 17/1/09 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
tell him it's a toss up betwen your two main interests.keeping pigs in the back yard or the car LOL

mr henderson

posted on 17/1/09 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
quote:
Originally posted by afj

John

Tried that approach last year. As far as I am concerned I am not doing anything wrong. I am not making excessive noise, and 3 mins of running is hardly long is it? Its also the first time the car has run for 3 months! Its not like its every day! Next time he is getting told where to go, but I am not going out of my way to make a lot of noise. I was polite today.

The blokes impossible to reason with and is just a miserable old git with sweet FA better to do.

David

I wasn't trying to suggest you might have done anything wrong, and you are the guy on the spot, so I'll bow to your judgement.

John

flak monkey

posted on 18/1/09 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Back on topic, been for a short drive around the village today, seems to be ok but running very rich.

Did a bit of a data log, now off to have a looky

David

Sera

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.