Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spluttering when reved... TB's and Emerald
furryeggs

posted on 12/8/17 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've managed to get it back to an almost steady idle. At some point the injector scaling had reset the mbps number to 12. i checked some video of the good map running and it was set to 45. I've adjusted the fueling whilst running and it's now up to 32 and a lot smoother and not spluttering. I should now be able to re balance the TB's then reset the TPS.

I've also fitted a 100ohm resistor into the Lambda circuit as suggested by emerald, so hopefully now I can try the new Lambda voltage corrections and Dafs map.

All maps have been saved to USB and laptop so if anything happens i have 2 copies of the original to go back to.

furryeggs

posted on 13/8/17 at 01:04 AM Reply With Quote
I need to double check the Lambda corrections so I decided to draw up a graph to confirm the readings. The LC-2 gives a linear reading from the sensor so it's a straight forward graph.

Taking the corrections from the graph they match up with the info I had earlier on in the week.
[img][/img]

With these confirmed I can now program them into the map and hopefully everything will run ok...ish

furryeggs

posted on 15/8/17 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
so it continues, I am finally almost back to a good idle and free reving. A few base map adjustment on the fueling and live adjustments page and the idle is steady.

I've had to strip the TB's off as no mater what i tried they wouldn't re balance at all. Looking along the 4 they seemed twisted and wven with the adjustment screws all the way out No1 was still open, I've loosened off the 3 retaining rids and moved them all back inline, then with them off and using a feeler gauge i set them to as close to balanced visually as i could get them. 1 is still slighty out to the other 3 but importantly when fitted back on they only needed a very slight tweek. They are reading 4 across 3 of them and 7 on No1.

I've also rescaled the lambda voltage in the LC-2 software to match emeralds set up guide. This however has made it read a constant 11afr so i might have to re look at the LC-2 settings.

Impotantly it's getting back to where It was.

furryeggs

posted on 19/8/17 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty much back to were I was before cocking it all up.

-I've re scaled my LC-2 to emeralds suggestion of 0v=11AFR - 5v=16AFR and re calibrated the controller
-I've then matched it in the emerald MAP
-Throttle bodies are as close to balanced as I can get them
-Daf's amended Map loaded (part adaptive)
-Tick over is 950rpm ish
-TPS is reset
-Injection checked at 270cc @3bar
-MSPB number set to the last known good idle (28)
-Small adjustment made in the live adjustments page to smooth off idle
-AFR hovering at about 13AFR, I've not had the engine running for long at this setting (90s maybe) so not sure if this is getting close to were it should be.
-There was 1 slight splutter when started but that went straight away and hasn't returned.

If the AFR reading is correct then I'm still a little rich so there is still a little tweaking to be done, hopefully I can get it close enough to pass emissions.

furryeggs

posted on 19/8/17 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
So my splutter comes back occasionally once the temps are up.
I have let the engine run upto temprature until the fan kicked in at 95, once the temps started to get up towards 75-80 an occasional splutter returned, but my AFR does level off to between 14.5 -15.2.

I think I'm rich on start up idle but lean on hot idle. Does this seem to be about right? I should be able to adjust the fuelling to get rid of the splutter but I'm not to keen to play around to much until i can get out for a drive. I don't want to cock things up again.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.