Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Speeduino ECU
ttalps2000

posted on 31/12/17 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Speeduino ECU

Has anyone had any dealings with the Speeduino ECU's? They seem to be based around the Megasquirt from what i can tell and use TunerStudio, as per megasquirt also.

Very tempted to get on and order a kit and get building it and work on going to throttle bodies.

Only concern is support for the running of the ECU should i get into trouble etc!

SPYDER

posted on 31/12/17 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Go for it! There's a forum and FB to help you. It has no connection with MS other than using TunerStudio.
You could get it up and running on ignition only for a start. It'll do coil on plug with the right setup.
What engine is it going on?
I'll be embarking on a Speeduino TR4 project sometime next year.
I have two Arduinos on my car now.

ttalps2000

posted on 31/12/17 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I currently have Megajolt with EDIS4 on it, but the company that cupplies Speeduino in the UK said to use a Bosch ignition driver and do away with the EDIS unit altogether.

It is going on a N/A Zetec, which will eventually have bike throttle bodies on it.

The Arduino side of things is the communication board correct?

SPYDER

posted on 31/12/17 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
The Arduino side of things is the main processor. The Speeduino is the interface. Configure it with 4 ignition drivers and go COP. Thats what I did with my MS1. (Now MS2)
Or stick to your present coil setup using 2 drivers.
I'm not sure if the Speeduino supports ITB mode like MS2 does. It blends Speed Density at low load with AlphaN at higher loads. It does this seamlessly ( once setup properly ) and can be tuned on one VE table. If its available, use it. (Once you have fitted throttle bodies, of course!)
I suspect you should use SD mode until that time. By using the cam sensor as well as the 36-1 on the crank you could go fully sequential. This can help with idle problems and allow you to make full use of injection timing.
You will need a separate VR conditioning board (cheap) or 2 of them if you utilise the cam sensor.

Here's my TB and COP setup...

ttalps2000

posted on 1/1/18 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
which COP's are you using? Would be a better way to go for sure.
SPYDER

posted on 1/1/18 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
The cops are from an early Hayabusa. I measured the depth required on the engine and went to a local bike breaker to measure various ones up.
Suzuki # 129700 3960
Top surface of engine to top of plug 74mm.
One disadvantage is that they require plugs with the thin threaded top.
They have two terminals so require ignition drivers in the ecu.

Actually the best measurement to take is from engine surface down to the plug seating face. Then take a plug with you to try in the cops and measure them up. Some plugs will go further into the coil than others.

I'll be buying a ready made up Speeduino board. My soldering skills are on a par with my driving ones!

Dale

posted on 2/1/18 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I have one on my bench right now, Its built except for the voltage converter for 12 volt hall sensor ignition for my ford tfi ignition.
I went with the ver 3.6, but I see 3.7 is now available which has connectors for the bluetooth output. All in I have around $350 cnd into it ( I bought boards and kits for 2 complete systems. If I can find enough spare harness parts in the garage I should be trying to start it up this week (its been -20 out for a couple of weeks so may take a dollar or two to heat up the garage).
The engine I am using is a 2.3l turbo ford lima. Hopefully with a mild tune and extra boost I should be able to get 250 to 275 hp at the wheels.
The reason I went with the v3.6 is that it has screw terminals for the i/o which I like for testing, I may be tempted to make the second one with the leads fully soldered in depending on how I put a master connector on it.
Dale
components for two units
components for two units

kit in packets all components labelled
Description
Description

reverse side , with arduino
reverse side , with arduino

Description
Description

tuner studio,
tuner studio,

Testing the board with inputs from my signal generator, and thermistors on the temp sensors.

There are limitations on the board but if your needing only 4 coil outputs, and 4 injector outputs it should do what you want.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

ttalps2000

posted on 4/1/18 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure I'm going to go for it. Going to get the V0.4 board though as its a lot smaller
Dale

posted on 4/1/18 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
It is smaller but you will have to add fuel injector drivers,
One thing of note is that right now it only handles high z injectors or low with a resistor in line. I do not think that low z peek and hold is that far off though.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

spegru

posted on 12/1/18 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
I just got one of these kits. Just need to put it together.
I'm intending to use on a Ford Essex v6

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.