Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bimmerlink - Anybody Used it?
perksy

posted on 26/10/20 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Bimmerlink - Anybody Used it?

Just wandered if anybody has used Bimmerlink and if you have, how did you get on with it?

Looks a handy diagnostic for BMW products and you can run it from an iphone

craig1410

posted on 30/10/20 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Your post here made me look into Bimmerlink and I ended up buying the following OBD dongle since it is compatible with both Bimmerlink which I've not yet purchased, and Dash Command which I already own but have only used previously with a non-BMW vehicle

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076XVQMVS

So far I've only used it with Dash Command but when I get some time I may give Bimmerlink a try and will post my experience here. Dash Command works well with the dongle but pay attention to the pairing process as it seems to be important that when initially connecting the dongle (first time only) you need to press the car start button without your foot on the brake and thus without the engine running. This seems to put the dongle in pairing mode and as long as Dash Command is set to use the ELM compatible dongle then it should pair up and connect. The only small complaint I have about the dongle is the flashing blue light but that can be fixed with a piece of tape.

HTH,
Craig.

[Edited on 30/10/2020 by craig1410]

[Edited on 30/10/2020 by craig1410]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.