Board logo

Bar-mounted indicators
David Jenkins - 30/12/03 at 11:43 AM

Anyone know where I can find some indicators that mount onto a round bar (like a badge bar)?

Now that I've fitted my front wings I can confirm that my m/cycle front indicators are quite a bit more than 400mm from the outside edge of the vehicle! As I don't want to put my indicators on 50mm extensions I decided to explore other options...

I thought I'd take a leaf out of the Dax book and fit a 'bumper bar' to tackle 2 problems at once - somewhere to hang indicators far closer to the outside of the car, and also to (hopefully) get an easier time during the SVA.

So, anyone know any good sources for indicators like these? Note: I've looked at the usual suspects, Vehicle Wiring Products, SVC, and so on, so I'm looking for new potential suppliers!

cheers,

David

Mark Allanson - 30/12/03 at 01:05 PM

Try looking in Halfords at the push bike lamp mounting stuff - all kinds of brackets and clamps

Mk-Ninja - 30/12/03 at 04:21 PM

I'd like to do the same so if you find anything that will do the job please post it on here.

Thanks Gordon

Northy - 30/12/03 at 05:37 PM

Me too. I've been thinking of doing the same!

Please post as many details as you can.

Cheers

David Jenkins - 30/12/03 at 06:09 PM

I might end up going to Plan B - welding a steel plate to the bar and mounting a LandRover style indicator...
...but I haven't given up my search yet!

rgds,

David

JoelP - 30/12/03 at 06:32 PM

i need to find a god damn nose cone before i can join in the fun...!

paulf - 30/12/03 at 07:16 PM

I managed to get a pair of long stem indicators from my local bike accessory shop.They are like the typr fitted to 70s and 80s jap bikes and are chrome with a large diameter lens and a stem with a long thread. i had to put 15mm spacers on them to get correct distance from outside edge of the car .they cost me £10 for the pair so not to dear to replace afterwards.
How about using a tube with threaded inserts in the ends and just screwing in a pair of the small type bike indicators?
I had considered the Dax option also but in the end decided i prefered the look of the car without it and it is no real hardship to make the front suspension sva compliant.
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Anyone know where I can find some indicators that mount onto a round bar (like a badge bar)?

Now that I've fitted my front wings I can confirm that my m/cycle front indicators are quite a bit more than 400mm from the outside edge of the vehicle! As I don't want to put my indicators on 50mm extensions I decided to explore other options...

David Jenkins - 30/12/03 at 08:15 PM

I didn't mention Plan C - when the SVA's been and gone I was thinking about a pair of those small halogen spots, so the bumper would be a good place to mount those puppies...

David

Northy - 30/12/03 at 11:47 PM

David,

Someone has told me tonight that apparently they are handlebar mounted indicators for a moped.

Not sure, but worth a look?

Cheers

David Jenkins - 31/12/03 at 08:28 AM

Possible...

I have to visit a local bike shop in the very near future - I'll have to ask in there.

cheers,

David