Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Koso DB-02R Pics
rayward

posted on 7/12/10 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Koso DB-02R Pics

someone was aking the other day about some pics of this dash fitted, so here are a couple of mine.......

sizewise i think its fine for road use, but i might be tempted after IVA to fit a larger tacho.

hth

Ray

sad2
sad2

das1
das1

[Edited on 7/12/10 by rayward]

Dangle_kt

posted on 7/12/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
ooooooooh nice!
doddy

posted on 7/12/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
hi yes that was me asking i have just bought it off ebay
cheers for the picture

here the link for anyone else as ther £10 cheaper than there site
Digital Speedometer Speedo Dash Gauge + Indicator Kit on eBay (end time 27-Dec-10 11:01:25 GMT)

mcg

posted on 7/12/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
looks great-I just got one but not fitted it yet and was worried that it might be too small.I think it works well. I was thinking of sticking it behind the steering wheel, but seeing it in the middle, I might have to copy you!
rayward

posted on 7/12/10 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
you can;t see in the pics, but its near enough flush with the dash just incase its out of the exempt area for IVA , i made a bracket that picks up on the switches to hold it in place

Ray

Stott

posted on 7/12/10 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one!

Just done the same with my Acewell. Made an ali dash and a mount so it sticks out 2.5mm on the outer edge which is sharper than R2.5, the other bit will pass the test.

In the 1st pic you can see my centre console in the footwell which goes over the fusebox on the tunnel and the hole in the front of it houses 3 Savage switches I got. Gonna flock it soon so it should look cool

EDIT: it looks wonky in the 2nd pic because I'm holding the mount on by hand, it wasn't welded in then.

[Edited on 7/12/10 by Stott]

marcjagman

posted on 7/12/10 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit they do look nice and do so many things but I'm old fashioned, or is it just old? and prefer gauges with numbers and needles, things that move. But if we all liked the same things life would be very dull.
scootz

posted on 7/12/10 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
I must admit they do look nice and do so many things but I'm old fashioned, or is it just old? and prefer gauges with numbers and needles, things that move. But if we all liked the same things life would be very dull.

Pretty much my thoughts too... looks great and no doubt will work great, but I still like watching gauge needles

It's Evolution Baby!

Stott

posted on 7/12/10 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman

Pretty much my thoughts too... looks great and no doubt will work great, but I still like watching gauge needles

I Completely agree, I don't like digidashes as a rule.

I wanted gauges but I've got another car to build after this, which is the money no object one, so I couldn't talk myself into apending £400 on them and bought it all for £150 at Stoneleigh.

If I had enough dough to spare I'd be watching that needle spin around too.......................

However, I do think they sort of suit the MNRs and Indys and the like which are dripping with carbon and have bike engines as they are much more modern takes on the 7. Unfortunately mine is a heavy old thing with a boat anchor up front on a twin choke weber lol

Edit: it's not an old thing, I don't think at least, I like proper gauges and I'm 30!

[Edited on 7/12/10 by Stott]

RK

posted on 8/12/10 at 01:23 AM Reply With Quote
when you have a dash full of gauges that don't work properly and a restaurant full of spaghetti behind that, the digidashes look a lot better.
Thurbs

posted on 8/12/10 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Confused.com

Hi,
I've just bought a DB-02R and it all seems fairly simple apart from I can't seem to find any mention of how to wire up fuel sender ??
It definately has the function as it tells you how to calibrate for different senders but there are no mention of it on the wiring diagram,which is pants.
I might just be being thick !!
Please help
Andy

rayward

posted on 8/12/10 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
the black wire twinned with the RPM signal is for the fuel gauge, it just read a resistance to ground

hth

Ray

Thurbs

posted on 8/12/10 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one thanks Ray
Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.