Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Really simple electrics question....
JC

posted on 4/4/20 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Really simple electrics question....

Wiring Diagram
Wiring Diagram

On this wiring diagram, the main beam warning light is shown coming from pin 85 on the relay.

On my proposed re-wire, this would mean a wire going from the switch to a multi plug, to the relay box, back to the multi plug, to the main beam lamp and then earth.

Would it affect the operation of the relay or the light if I put the warning light before pin 86 i.e. the other side of the relay? So, 2 wires from the switch - one to the warning light and earth, one to the multi-plug, to the relay and then earth?

Sorry it is such a dumb question but whilst I understand electrics up to a point, there are simple things that catch everyone out....

Lighting
Lighting

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gremlin1234

posted on 4/4/20 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
the first diagram looks wrong, both ends of the panel light go to chassis/ground. pin 85
it should show it on the same pin that feeds the actual main beam lights. pin 87

the second diagram connecting to pin 86 should also work
edit:
but if the main beam fuse were to blow, or the relay fail, the panel light would still work.

[Edited on 4/4/20 by gremlin1234]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.