Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Saturn MX5 Build Guide - are all the bugs ironed out in Rev3?
adrianreeve

posted on 7/5/19 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Saturn MX5 Build Guide - are all the bugs ironed out in Rev3?

Just getting back into this after selling my Sierra based Roadster a few years back. Now going to use an MX5, pick the donor up on Friday. I plan to build a Saturn based chassis I think, but going through various threads, some of which are quite old, has raised a few concerns. Several threads talk about wishbone lengths and geometry being wrong, but not sure if these threads refer to early versions of the plans. I’ve downloaded Rev 3 to read through, are these corrected, or are there still issues?

Thanks

Adrian

Slimy38

posted on 7/5/19 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
In a word, no. Even rev 3 (which is basically the most complete plans) still had some crucial measurements missing. I had a lot of work to do for the rear suspension, although part of that was self inflicted as I didn't use an MX5 diff as it is.

Don't let it put you off though, I still found it to be the second most useful source of information (after the 'build your car on a budget' book).

Mazdaboy

posted on 26/8/19 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have a set of MX5 engine/gbox chassis plans you can share mate please? All links seem to be broken for the ones Ive found

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.