<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster Turbo MX5 engine project
Gord

posted on 23/1/19 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie C
Thanks!

I've got the car booked in with Bailey Performance on Febuary the 15th to have the ecu mapped so if everything goes ok it will be back on the road this spring.

I need to try and book the car in with Procomp to have the front alignment set up and some heavier spring on the back, when the car was on the road the rear would bottom out on sudden dips in the road.

How did the mapping go, what kind of power did it make and how are you finding it to drive?

Charlie C

posted on 23/1/19 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Sorry its the 15th of feb, the wait seems to be taking for ever.

Charlie C

posted on 4/2/19 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Last week I filled up the coolant system and found a leak, it was my own stupid fault. I now know that the water pump inlet gasket can only be fitted one way and this is with the tab facing away from the pump. With the tab facing the pump the gasket is to close to the edge of the inlet casting and canít make a good seal.

Wrong way round, tab facing the water pump

Right way around tab facing away from the pump

Charlie C

posted on 4/2/19 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was asked to take some pictures of the roll cage so I thought I would share them as we all like a photo. Instead of having hoops going across the chassis Iíve got them going along the chassis to improve clearance to my crash helmet from the bars that go along the chassis. I found with hoops going across the chassis the longitudinal bars are either on the top horizontal section and come into the passage area so the whole cage needs to be higher to avoid hitting the bar with the crash hat, or they are some where between the horizontal and vertical section of the hoop and just donít look right.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.