Board logo

Ring insurance? !
StrikerChris - 5/6/13 at 05:19 PM

Hi folks

Friends are off to nurberg august and we're thinking of joining them.has anyone any ideas of a ballpark figure for insurance to drive round? I could cope with my car coming back in bits,and the normal insurance not paying but not with some of the horror stories of costs of barrier costs and closed track fines so am refusing to go at the moment!
Any experience anyone?

Cheers

Chris

gaz_gaz - 5/6/13 at 05:40 PM

http://nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.php

mazie - 5/6/13 at 06:16 PM

The two times I've been with Bi22le in here someone in our group has destroyed Armco and suffered huge fees. The first instance was something around 3000 euros just for repairs to the track! He took out ring insurance the second year and paid £150 a day but this only covered fines/circuit damage and nothing on the car!

bi22le - 5/6/13 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mazie
The two times I've been with Bi22le in here someone in our group has destroyed Armco and suffered huge fees. The first instance was something around 3000 euros just for repairs to the track! He took out ring insurance the second year and paid £150 a day but this only covered fines/circuit damage and nothing on the car!

Yup!

Also I dont think it covers other cars being damaged either. I have heard horror stories of people blowing engines or crashing and spreading oil across the track. Mr 80k 911 comes along and crashes due to your oil spill.

My advice is to push as you would on a early morning road. No more than 80%. I span when there and did not hit anything.

Its not a track day, its an experience.

gaz_gaz - 5/6/13 at 09:24 PM

Just poodle round, don't be tempted to get into a battle with the ropey old E30 BMW that looks like it should have been scrapped 10 years ago.
Remember it's not a playstation game and there is no reset button.
I got suckered in by a Porsche Cayman R and finished up with a lap time of 8min 53sec BTG. do as I say and not as I do