Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: In-Transit and Build-Up Insurance Recommendations
micksalt

posted on 10/12/15 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
In-Transit and Build-Up Insurance Recommendations

Good day folks,

Picking up my MNR Vortx on 19th December so I had better sort out the in-transit and build-up insurance. Which companies would you recommend for these?

Cheers,

Mick

P.S. I did do a search and nothing came up, do folk even bother with these insurances or take the risk?

[Edited on 10/12/2015 by micksalt]

Bluemoon

posted on 10/12/15 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I did not bother... The biggest risk is probably a fire, you would be unlucky to have someone steal the parts if locked in garage...
Slimy38

posted on 10/12/15 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
I think I just made sure there was sufficient theft cover for 'garage contents', rather than anything more specific. My tools are infinitely more stealable than car bits, so are probably easier to put on an insurance claim form.

Might be worth checking on classic car forums to see what they do for their build projects?

Gemini

posted on 10/12/15 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
I have used Peter James insurance for two of my builds. one kit and one classic. Cheap so is probaly worth it. also covers when bing at 3rd party premises if sent for work to be carried out .
micksalt

posted on 11/12/15 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
I'll give Peter James a call, see how much it will cost. If it is cheap enough, then I may as well. You never know when you might accidentally set fire to the garage, or crash the van on the way home. Thanks.
micksalt

posted on 14/12/15 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Peter James say they don't do build-up cover, and A-plan cannot give me laid-up cover, but can give me a 5000 mile limited policy for £160. Am I better off going for that, and then at least if I finish in less than a year I can drive the car?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.