Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: credit where its due
garyt

posted on 12/6/16 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
credit where its due

I unfortunately broke down in torrential rain last week halfway through my holiday in my Haynes. soaking wet we had turned off the dual carriageway A9 on to the Trinafour road, single track over the moor , at least we didn't have the spray , mind you nothing could get any wetter lol when after catching some standing water the car died. the main ignition fuse was blown and It is a screw down one ( no I didn't have one in the tool bag) so we rolled her down the hill to beside a house where I called the breakdown that I have through my Footman James insurance, it was dealt with professionally and I was kept informed of progress , the garage called to ascertain exactly where we were. The car could not be restarted with only partial restoration of the circuitry, eventually deciding to recover the car home. My friend took me back to Killin and then home a 240 mile round trip in the opposite direction from his homeward journey, the local gamekeeper came out (it was his house) and fed and watered us , and after refusing any payment asked us to remember this moment if we find someone in trouble
Anyway no one was hurt and I will sort out the electrics but it really made a worrying time easier and restored my faith in folks

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

theconrodkid

posted on 12/6/16 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
There are still people like that around tho i imagine if you had been in a big city,the outcome would have been a bit different.
assuming you have the gamekeepers addy,i supose a bottol something through the post would be apreciated ?.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Benzine

posted on 12/6/16 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
There are still people like that around tho i imagine if you had been in a big city,the outcome would have been a bit different.

A circle of people round with phones filming, no doubt!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 12/6/16 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
or nicking anything that isnt bolted down.
i noticed that since moving from the smoke to sunny Somerset,people are friendly, helpfull and actuall say "morning" to each other.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

garyt

posted on 12/6/16 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have his address but I have a bottle here with his name on that WILL be dropped off in the not to distant future.
and I guess you are right different places different folk, and maybe we were just fortunate but I don't forget when someone helps me out and the favour will be passed on as when it becomes nessacary

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.