Board logo

Be carefull on your trackday
matt.c - 9/1/10 at 09:22 PM

Just found this Trackday horror.

This is what put me off doing a track day when i had my MK. I just couldnt risk loosing everything!!

Be carefull out there in 2010.

mangogrooveworkshop - 9/1/10 at 09:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL8ETq1FUlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_myNZE82SWM&NR=1

this is powered by +rugs

trackdays can go bad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PIhZJJAykc

but dont let it put you off....that evo would have been black flagged at knockhill for that.

[Edited on 9-1-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

JoelP - 9/1/10 at 09:28 PM

poor guy - some good driving before the mishap. Can happen to anyone.

Nash - 9/1/10 at 09:30 PM

Sorry but what a W@nker.

manners of a German and skills of a Taxi Driver.

IMHO

..Neil

JoelP - 9/1/10 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL8ETq1FUlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_myNZE82SWM&NR=1

this is powered by +rugs

[Edited on 9-1-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

is that the guy who was posted a while ago looking like a chav?

JoelP - 9/1/10 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nash
Sorry but what a W@nker.

IMHO

..Neil

why?

scutter - 9/1/10 at 09:34 PM

I think at most UK trackdays the Evo driver would have been asked to leave, close to the back of that elise and trying to upset the car!!!

Dan.

OX - 9/1/10 at 09:36 PM

Well it sure looked like he was having fun,,but I'm sure you wouldn't get away with doing that on a trackday in the Uk for very long without getting a black flag.

I wouldn't let that put you off doing trackdays tho ..its shameful not to take the your kitcar on a track at least once

nick205 - 9/1/10 at 09:38 PM

Shame he binned it, but I'm sure he walked away from it (he might not ave done in a aroad situation). I think you have to go into that kind of thing knowing you could wreck it though.

Nash - 9/1/10 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Sorry but what a W@nker.

IMHO

..Neil

why?

Carved up other drivers, drifted in front of people he had just carved up...... you have to ask?

Trackdays are for responsible people to get the most out of there car while respecting those around them.

What if it was you he collected while going past?!?!?!?

[Edited on 9/1/10 by Nash]

gottabedone - 9/1/10 at 09:46 PM

I can't see that some of the cars around him were enjoying his contribution.
The mention of losing everything is a fair comment when you're left with a big hole in your pocket because your 20 grand Porsche gets taken out by some tool in a sideways Evo.
I bet the guy in the Green Elise was wondering when this would happen.

Steve

whitestu - 9/1/10 at 09:49 PM

What is it with people who drive Evos?
I was overtaken at Lydden under a yellow flag by a guy in an Evo - If I hadn't been watching my mirrors we'd have had a minor shunt.

meany - 9/1/10 at 09:57 PM

dont forget to include undertaking on corners....knobhead.

anyone else notice the knocked over cones just before that corner, probably put there to slow em down for the entry into that corner?

[Edited on 9/1/10 by meany]

eddie99 - 9/1/10 at 10:10 PM

Agree with you there, what a ****..
I saw a video not to long ago, can't find it now of a guy in a DB9 being an idiot and crashing into a GT3 porsche when the porsche did nothing wrong....

MakeEverything - 9/1/10 at 10:14 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Sorry but what a W@nker.

IMHO

..Neil

why?

Carved up other drivers, drifted in front of people he had just carved up...... you have to ask?

Trackdays are for responsible people to get the most out of there car while respecting those around them.

What if it was you he collected while going past?!?!?!?

[Edited on 9/1/10 by Nash]

Im glad you said (wrote) that. I was wondering if it was just me that thought he was a twat!

Track days ive been on, he would have been black flagged, and told to cool off because his driving was too aggressive.

Deserved it if you ask me.

JoelP - 9/1/10 at 10:34 PM

i assumed it was a drifting day, but maybe not. However, it is on a german reg plate (3min38), so maybe thats how they do trackdays out there.

Dangle_kt - 9/1/10 at 10:38 PM

no insurance cover on a trackday... Jan 27th at Oulton...fingers crossed its not snowing anymore!

Ben_Copeland - 9/1/10 at 10:59 PM

Unless you get Track Day cover....

dlatch - 10/1/10 at 12:58 AM

he was over driving the evo and on a trackday thats not really acceptable at all and he reaped his rewards lucky for the rest of the people there he did not hit them.
at any trackday i have attended he would have been black fagged first lap

NigeEss - 10/1/10 at 01:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
no insurance cover on a trackday... Jan 27th at Oulton...fingers crossed its not snowing anymore!

I'm hoping that too

morcus - 10/1/10 at 02:34 AM

I didn't think drifting like that was allowed on trackdays, though the the title cards were in French so I'm guessing it didn't happen here.

Don't risk it, take out insurance and try not to be a cock.

T66 - 10/1/10 at 05:33 AM

Agreed...

Never done a trackday but wouldnt want to with that tube on the same track.

Technically a decent driver no doubt, not backed up by decent judgement, too many other track users too close on a narrow circuit.

Its official he's a w@nker !

Good day spoilt as all others have to stop while he gets shovelled away.

JonnyS - 10/1/10 at 09:55 AM

He'd have got a piece of my mind, that's for sure. I've always found track day organisers listen to your complaints, especially as I always say I'll go and speak to them if they don't

oldtimer - 10/1/10 at 10:19 AM

Driver was an accident that was always going to happen. Hopefully it will be a long time befor he has the money/car to potentially ruin other peoples day/car/life.

Looked like his girlfriend was voting with her feet too......

GMPMotorsport - 10/1/10 at 10:38 AM

Thats a real shame, track days are and should be fun, no panel damage should happen, enjoy the day!

oldtimer - 10/1/10 at 10:38 AM

I always felt sorry for the driver here, at about 2:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0-zkEyHIE

adithorp - 10/1/10 at 11:00 AM

On all ,but one, track days I've done the rules have been...
Overtaking only... by permission of the driver being overtaken... on the strights... on the left.

On the only day where those rules weren't in force (charity day at RAF valley this year) and we were told we could over take either side and on the outside in bends, the drivers followed the standard rules anyway!

That driver would have been black flagged after his first lap in the UK. So, unless you intend to drive like a k**b, don't let it put you off doing a track day.

adrian

zilspeed - 10/1/10 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

There are lots of bad ones there, but from 2.25 onwards as you say where the Lotus is sitting and then gets whacked by the BMW M Coupe and totalled, that's pretty tragic.
So tragic, I had to steal the video and re edit it....
Death Of A Lotus

I wouldnt be responsible for my actions towards the BMW driver. I know it goes with the territory on trackdays, but there you go.
Coincidentally, this is almost exactly what happened to my first Sylva, only difference was it happened on a straight (just after the startline at Knockhill.)
TVR Tuscan speared off the track right up the Sylva's chuff and the car was completely bent beyond all repair.

morcus - 10/1/10 at 03:49 PM

If someone did smash your car up, they would legally have to pay for repairs/replacement right?

iank - 10/1/10 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by morcus
If someone did smash your car up, they would legally have to pay for repairs/replacement right?

Only if they did it negligently or deliberately AFAIK (not a lawyer).

iank - 10/1/10 at 04:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

There are lots of bad ones there, but from 2.25 onwards as you say where the Lotus is sitting and then gets whacked by the BMW M Coupe and totalled, that's pretty tragic.
So tragic, I had to steal the video and re edit it....
Death Of A Lotus

I wouldnt be responsible for my actions towards the BMW driver. I know it goes with the territory on trackdays, but there you go.

Had the lotus dropped some oil on the track? BMW seems to lose it in a much bigger way than you'd expect.

zilspeed - 10/1/10 at 04:10 PM

quote:

Had the lotus dropped some oil on the track? BMW seems to lose it in a much bigger way than you'd expect.

It's perfectly possible, it's also possible that the Lotus went off on earlier oil and the BMW just followed him off. Who can say.
I don't imagine anyone felt particularly good after that day.

karlak - 10/1/10 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:

It's perfectly possible, it's also possible that the Lotus went off on earlier oil and the BMW just followed him off. Who can say.
I don't imagine anyone felt particularly good after that day.

If I was the Lotus driver, I would have been straight out to by a lottery ticket - How close was he to being taken out.

RK - 10/1/10 at 05:30 PM

He needs to go back to "Ecole du pilotage".

jeffw - 10/1/10 at 10:01 PM

quote:

Normally on a trackday ....no. There is no 3rd party liability and you will sign a disclaimer to that effect. If your car is totaled by someone else then it is tough, unless you can prove negligence (Organiser, circuit or other driver) in some way in a court, which will be a big ask.