Board logo

Distressing Proof - Speed Cameras Can Kill
Ivan - 6/3/10 at 08:20 AM

(

FiatPrang
FiatPrang

omega0684 - 6/3/10 at 08:23 AM

is that a G-Wiz that is wrapped around itn no harm done!

zilspeed - 6/3/10 at 08:37 AM

Cincquento sporting, going by the back wheel.

speedyxjs - 6/3/10 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Cincquento sporting, going by the back wheel.

Those lights done look very Cincquento. they look more original renaut twingo but the wheels dont.

SWW84 - 6/3/10 at 08:45 AM

My money would be on a Fiat Uno

[Edited on 6/3/10 by SWW84]

zilspeed - 6/3/10 at 08:48 AM

Yep, you're both spot on.
The rear light gave it away.

I knew it was a Fiat, got the wrong one.

JoelP - 6/3/10 at 08:53 AM

looks like they've killed each other. Do you think the speed camera ambushed the fiat as it went past?

ReMan - 6/3/10 at 08:59 AM

Uno Turbo
I suspect it may be rigged as the camera pole looks like a fabricated deformable on though?

Peteff - 6/3/10 at 09:02 AM

It looks like the car was reversing when it hit the camera. He probably saw the flash as he passed then stuck it in reverse and rammed it.

lewis - 6/3/10 at 09:58 AM

To be fair he prob hit that at about 10 mph to do that kind of damage to a fiat.

Confused but excited. - 6/3/10 at 10:02 AM

Why put a speed camera in a scrappy?

scootz - 6/3/10 at 10:02 AM

The wonders of (a badly done) photoshop!

graememk - 6/3/10 at 10:04 AM

looks like a bit of photo shop to me as well

jollygreengiant - 6/3/10 at 10:21 AM

damage looks about right to me, I seen the damage that the hitch pin of a trailer had done to the roof of a Sierra. The guy was reversing up to get out of a parking space and had fogotten that he had parked back on to the front of a trailer. He put the pin about a foot and a half into the roof with the top of the tailgate. Speed was about 5mph.

He got back down to the office, without saying a word, walking in threw his cash back down on the desk (trough the hatch to the controller/boss) said "I've just F***ed the Sierra." turned and walked off (presumedly home), and was never seen again. Everone rushed out to see the car, it was totalled. When we tracked down passenger he had on at the time (she was not a happy bunny) we were told what happened. She was sitting in the rear seat and was still getting bits of glass out of her clothing, 2 days later. (this was about 1988)

bmseven - 6/3/10 at 11:42 AM

PhotoChop

wilkingj - 6/3/10 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Uno Turbo
I suspect it may be rigged as the camera pole looks like a fabricated deformable on though?

OOh... Uno Turbo, a mate had one years ago.
Did 265 Bhp at Turbo Technics in Northampton on their rolling road (built by them as well)

Unbelievable car, was almost as much fun as a BEC Locost!
The pickup at 90Mph was something to be believed!!

Ah... happy days.. Now my mate is a Volvo Driver like me!