Board logo

Timely Reminder....
prawnabie - 25/11/10 at 10:55 PM

Make a special effort NOT to be any of these people..

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

[Edited on 25/11/10 by prawnabie]

FFTS - 25/11/10 at 11:06 PM

F**K!!!!!!!!

That is so POWERFUL to make you think.

That just had me with tears in my eyes!

Why don't we show that add over here instead of the waste of time efforts we make. Do we not want to offend the public?

Andi - 25/11/10 at 11:21 PM

Kin el.

If that does`nt make you think.......... Nothing will

austin man - 25/11/10 at 11:22 PM

strong message

balidey - 25/11/10 at 11:52 PM

Bloody hell. Amazing advert. Very well filmed.
We could do with a campaign like that. And shown at prime time slots too.

LBMEFM - 26/11/10 at 06:00 AM

That is the most powerful video I have ever watched, really makes me want to take extra care in the future. Well done prawnabie for finding it.

MikeCapon - 26/11/10 at 08:51 AM

Strong stuff. It makes Jimmy Saville's Clunk Click ads look like Watch with Mother.

I only wish the cops over here could be made to watch that. They pretty much ignore drink driving over here and even if they do catch someone the penalties are pathetically small. The law here now spend most of their time with mobile speed guns handing out fines and points for as little as 91 kmh in a 90 limit.

Maybe the lure of the €, easily harvested with radars etc and the lobbying from this country's biggest industry have got something to do with that.

Good to see the Aussies getting straight to the point.........

deezee - 26/11/10 at 08:57 AM

Wow those adverts are harsh.... some of those dents are never going to get knocked out, your looking at a replacement panel

GMPMotorsport - 26/11/10 at 09:15 AM

A really good advert that should be shown on all channels, as said before though the PC brigade would never let it be shown over here! I will deffinately post the link where ever I can, thanks for posting it.

carpmart - 26/11/10 at 09:30 AM

VERY POWERFUL - I've forwarded this onto people, including my kids (21 and 16) as it really will help reinforce how dangerous it is to drive whilst under the influence!

jollygreengiant - 26/11/10 at 09:36 AM

A spot on Advert. Shown as it should be, warts and all. People who drive (and drink) should be shown the reality of what can happen and made to face the consequences, even taken to the scene of a fatal and made to face the bereaved.

Well found.

Can we have this stickied to the top of the listing for a while. maybe even seasonally. Fozzie over to you.

[Edited on 26/11/10 by jollygreengiant]

owelly - 26/11/10 at 12:05 PM

Well, I certainly won't be rushing over to Australia if that's what happens!!
I've posted it to my chums (and on Facebook..shhhh. Don't mention Facebook!!)

MikeRJ - 26/11/10 at 01:32 PM

Bloody hell, those clips looked very real, how on earth did they make that video?

hearbear - 26/11/10 at 02:10 PM

Oh FCUK

That was the reponse from my 21 year old daughter.

Heres hoping it sinks in.

dhutch - 26/11/10 at 02:22 PM

Damm not being able to view youtube at work....!

MikeR - 26/11/10 at 02:59 PM

Possibly a good thing as i'm sat here crying after watching it (couldn't help thinking "what if ...." whilst watching it).

AndyW - 26/11/10 at 03:39 PM

couldn't watch it all. Now I have kids of my own it makes you think about those parents who get the news that their son or daughter isn't coming home, and well, I cant bear to watch or even think of that happening. Dam good advert tho'

RichN - 26/11/10 at 04:14 PM

This should be shown in this country, given the number of muppets on the road.

clairetoo - 26/11/10 at 06:10 PM

I agree it should be shown in this country - how about in clubs and pubs , since they all have telly's in these days ? Maybe that would help to get the message across......................

flak monkey - 26/11/10 at 07:13 PM

Very good, much better than our equivalent

quote:
Bloody hell, those clips looked very real, how on earth did they make that video?

CGI is a wonderful thing.

NS Dev - 16/12/10 at 02:09 PM

as everybody else has said, why don't they show this over here, far more effective than our rubbish. Show it enough, but not too much, and people will remember!

Ninehigh - 22/12/10 at 01:38 AM

Unfortunately it would attract 17 complaints and they'd have to pull it.

I think if that was on TV here I'd have seen it once and left the room every other time. It's taken me a good 5 minutes before I can see properly again...

spiderman01980 - 4/9/11 at 09:54 AM

Maybe it should be shown in pubs every hour after 6 o`clock, but then the pubs woulden`t have it cos it would be bad for busyness.

Banana - 25/8/16 at 08:58 PM

Hard to watch...

Some of those scenes looked disturbingly real.

hearbear - 25/8/16 at 10:19 PM

Agreed with all above but amazing how such a song can make it more dramatic than just video on its own.

nick205 - 26/8/16 at 07:55 AM

Difficult to watch, but IMHO and honest effort to make people more aware and thoughtful of their actions.

As above I don't think it would hurt to place it on our TV screens one bit - those that take offence to it are most likely the ones who need to pay the most attention to it.

Mr Whippy - 26/8/16 at 12:29 PM

pah people become so totally desensitised to all this playing things like GTA 4 and I never once saw a hooker getting mugged in that vid. I was playing GTA with my 9 year old nephew (his copy) and there was less carnage during WWII. Even my 3 year old daughter had a shot though I did ask her to try not to hit all the pedestrians as it really wasn't the objective of the game... (she is very good at looking for cars when crossing the road though)

I don't think it wise to hide the truth from people about the reality's of something that can very easily kill them, show them how bad it gets. "Oh but I don't want to shock them!" well they look quite shocked being ripped to shreds under the wheel of an artic tbh

luke2152 - 26/8/16 at 12:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JP0717XGvA

Toprivetguns - 26/8/16 at 03:49 PM

From living in Australia for 6 years I can see why the advert was made. Pubs are few are far between in the small towns not forgetting the drive through wine stop shops!

motorcycle_mayhem - 26/8/16 at 07:52 PM

I remember all the TAC TV campaigns, the posters and a good deal else when living in Australia (90's). Extremely good, as were the cigarette packets, stomach churning stuff (literally).

Even the simple, less horrific posters at the time, everywhere: "If you drink and drive you're a bloody idiot". I don't think that would fly in the (oh too sensitive) dis-UK.