Board logo

Is it ok to like this??
femster87 - 4/4/14 at 09:55 PM

Bertini GT25 - kit car body panel conversion for BMW Z3

james h - 4/4/14 at 10:23 PM

I winced when I saw the ad title, but it is actually not too bad!

Seems like the bodywork forward of the A-pillar is at about 120% size compared to the rest of the car though.

Slimy38 - 4/4/14 at 10:25 PM

I saw this on totalkitcar, it looks quite nice but to be honest I think the donor car looks nicer? I can't see the point of paying close to 6k to get a car that just isn't any better. It's not even considerably lighter or better performing.

At least the various MX5 cars that get the MEV treatment gain something, even if it's just a bit of weight loss.

Andi - 4/4/14 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by femster87
Bertini GT25 - kit car body panel conversion for BMW Z3

Definitely.

Andi

blakep82 - 4/4/14 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
I saw this on totalkitcar, it looks quite nice but to be honest I think the donor car looks nicer? I can't see the point of paying close to 6k to get a car that just isn't any better. It's not even considerably lighter or better performing.

If you were talking of the z4, I'd agree, but I dont think the z3 has aged well...
So, in short, I like it

NigeEss - 4/4/14 at 11:57 PM

Looks nice, but at that price I'd stick with the stock Z3.

SteveRST - 5/4/14 at 01:23 AM

Yes, it looks good IMO - I like the look of it, but I don't see the point of body kits so certainly no interest to me. Better to improve driving experience or just buy another car.

D Beddows - 5/4/14 at 02:26 AM

If it's what I think it is I think this started life as a bodykit for MX5's then it changed to Z3's - the original design intent seems to have got lost somewhat in the practicalities of production but full respect to the guy for seeing it through

I wouldn't spend £5000 making a Z3 look like that though

[Edited on 5/4/14 by D Beddows]

GRRR - 5/4/14 at 05:12 AM

Its been done well and in the photos the quality looks pretty high, but all i think when i see it is Z3. And I don't like Z3s.

shindha - 5/4/14 at 06:32 AM

It's a bit of a conundrum this one, as it is not too different from the original car, so if you don’t like the Z3 it’s no good, but on the other hand if you like the Z3 then the front end doesn’t do it any justice.
Taste as it happens is a personal thing though.

chrism - 5/4/14 at 08:54 AM

I like the look of it, but not for that price and you have to buy some possibly expensive lights for it aswell. The Tribute Automotive body conversions are £1300 less

Jasmcauley - 8/4/14 at 11:16 AM

I saw this one too and I was unsure,

but I think I quite liked it too