Board logo

My brilliant SEAT ibiza 1.4 MPI
Irony - 13/8/14 at 04:20 PM

I run three cars, mine, the missus's and the kit. I have a new baby and a new house. Money is tight. My daily driver is a little petrol ibiza. And I have to say it's brilliant. I bought it for £990 and I have been driving it daily for 4 years. It has never ever let me down. So far I have replaced 2 tyres and the exhaust back box. I service it ever 10K.

I bought it with 62K on the clock and it now has 117K on it. Thats 55K and I have spent about £200 repairing it in that time. If anyone wants a reliable daily driver or first car for their kid I totally recommend one. Or the associated Polo/Fabia version.

Just thought I'd share my experiences. Its not a cool car, its just cheap and reliable. This is Locostbuilders after all.

coozer - 13/8/14 at 04:29 PM

Cheapest car I ever had was a rover 214.

Paid £140 for it with 55k on the clock, sold it 7 years later with 110k on it, for £250, front brakes, a back box and an oil filter after the one on it rusted away....

Then the most economical was a Peugeot 106D. It would have been the best thing ever if only it had pas, electric windows and central locking.. 75mpg...

[Edited on 13/8/14 by coozer]

rusty nuts - 13/8/14 at 06:13 PM

Cheapest I had was a Citroen XM turbo diesel estate, paid £350 for it, had it 13 years without spending a lot on it , did 150000 miles in it and got 2 grand trade under the scrap page scheme against a new Fiesta for the other half