Board logo

Greenpower cars
matty h - 26/7/16 at 06:49 PM

Hi,
I am into gravity racing and want to make a new car and have come across the green power website.
It appears that the are searching for many of the same things.
I have seen some of there body work and think this is what is letting mine down.
My question is is anyone involved in the green power cars and has a body mould that I can borrow buy or take body from.
I know its a long shot but thing there are some people on here involved with green power.

Regards Matty

[Edited on 26/7/16 by matty h]

Joshy - 27/7/16 at 05:41 PM

I was involved with Greenpower as a student competitor whilst at secondary school (2001 - 2008). In the last two years I lead the design and build of the school teams 4th car - TSR-4.

Onboard Video CLICKY

In 2010 I was invited to sit on the Greenpower board of trustees as a student representative, I attended quarterly board meetings for 3 years and helped out at other events promoting Greenpower.

So, basically I know a lot about Greenpower, although I have moved onto new projects since 2013.

I'm guessing you're looking to make your own GFRP bodywork? Have you considered making your own plug/mould?

Josh

matty h - 27/7/16 at 07:40 PM

Yes looking at making a fibreglass body thinking it would be a lot easier to use an existing mould.
Matty

drt - 28/7/16 at 12:52 AM

I'm good friends with a guy who competes in Gravity racing and also builds them for customers

http://dagani.be/

mail him in my behalf... turn key, parts, anything

russbost - 28/7/16 at 09:22 AM

I have some old Formula Ford bodywork which you might be able to modify, or add to, to make a plug, awful lot easier than starting from scratch. You would need to collect from Essex, 20 mins from Dartford crossing. I only want £100 for it ...............u2u or email russbost at googlemail dot com if of interest