Board logo

I'd forgotten...
joneh - 7/1/17 at 02:16 PM

Just how much car building hurts!!!!

Fitted an engine and gearbox in preparation for a house move and I'm in agony now! Must be getting old.

rusty nuts - 7/1/17 at 02:36 PM

You must be getting old!

slingshot2000 - 7/1/17 at 02:52 PM

We are ALL getting older !

David Jenkins - 7/1/17 at 03:17 PM

Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional...

Banana - 7/1/17 at 03:59 PM

Certainly not good for the lower back., but better than working on a normal car.

bi22le - 7/1/17 at 10:12 PM

Add i keep my car on the trailer is actually at a really nice height to work on.

Maybe raise your car up on some sort of lift or even just 350mm with 4 axle stands will help.

David Jenkins - 8/1/17 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Banana
Certainly not good for the lower back., but better than working on a normal car.

The local MOT garage loves doing my car - it's cleaner underneath than most cars they see, and all the front suspension can be done without lifting the car much (he normally lifts it up to waist height so he doesn't need to bend down).

joneh - 8/1/17 at 06:36 PM

I'll do that in my nice new double garage. Think I struggled due to lack of space in my current single garage.

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Add i keep my car on the trailer is actually at a really nice height to work on.

Maybe raise your car up on some sort of lift or even just 350mm with 4 axle stands will help.

bi22le - 8/1/17 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joneh
I'll do that in my nice new double garage. Think I struggled due to lack of space in my current single garage.

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

I have a single garage that had my car on its trailer, a workbench with all of my tools and a motobike I commute on! I have to agile to climb over things to get to other areas of the garage.

Oh to have a large garage. . .

nick205 - 9/1/17 at 09:35 AM

We're indeed all getting older.

That said I don't recall hurting myself during my MK Indy build. Axle stands helped as did an engine crane during the engine/gearbox fitting process. All said I had the luxury of building in my Dad's workshop at the time with plenty of space. I also had other people on hand to help me - they were more to avoid damage (scratches) though than hefting things.