Board logo

This could be a bargin for someone.
bi22le - 11/2/17 at 11:41 AM

SA is a hot spot for 4age tuning and depending on boost this could be running a laggy 350+bhp.

I dont have the space or time to take full advantage of this otherwise I would be really tempted to go and take a look.

Anyone know what gearbox that is?

perksy - 11/2/17 at 11:56 AM

Can you post a link to the webpage ?

Nickp - 11/2/17 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by perksy

I think it's a guessing game

benchmark51 - 11/2/17 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
quote:
Originally posted by perksy

I think it's a guessing game

Certainly isn't costing much.lol

mark chandler - 11/2/17 at 01:24 PM

Just a bit 'laggy'

obfripper - 11/2/17 at 02:19 PM

Toyota corolla gt coupe ae86 complete 4age engine gearbox with turbo

bi22le - 11/2/17 at 02:36 PM

Oh well that was rubbish of me!!

Yup that's the one.

Thoughts?

prawnabie - 11/2/17 at 03:04 PM

Looks like a celica/supra etc W58 gearbox to me

obfripper - 11/2/17 at 03:56 PM

It's an early non turbo supra w58 gearbox, it's got 2 starter positions so should be a custom bellhousing for the 4age. They'll take 400nm ok so should be fine for that engine, it's similar size to a mt75 so needs a reasonable size tunnel to fit.
I don't think the original car was a completed project (the engine may not have the correct mods for running a turbo and the fittings are all a bit heath robinson), but it's worth the current price for the parts present.

Dave

bi22le - 11/2/17 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
It's an early non turbo supra w58 gearbox, it's got 2 starter positions so should be a custom bellhousing for the 4age. They'll take 400nm ok so should be fine for that engine, it's similar size to a mt75 so needs a reasonable size tunnel to fit.
I don't think the original car was a completed project (the engine may not have the correct mods for running a turbo and the fittings are all a bit heath robinson), but it's worth the current price for the parts present.

Dave

700 is more than the stock NAs go for but les than a BT or ST 20v 4age.

People have run stock small ports with big turbos reasonably trouble free with 250bhp and rumours ,of 500bhp if you can manage the pre det properly. Its a shame it is 450miles away otherwise I would go and take a look and haggle a deal for the engine only.

Thanks for the gearbox ID. You can obviously tell a lot about an engine's power by what gearbox it has got.