Board logo

New TVR Unveiled
perksy - 8/9/17 at 04:16 PM

New TVR is finally un-veiled and its called the Griffith

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/tvr-pistonheads/new-tvr-griffith--official/36718

Thoughts ????

I really, Really wanted this to be something special but sadly I don't get the 'Wow factor' that I did when I first saw a Sagaris in the flesh

Thought the un-veiling looked a bit amateurish and the wheels look bloody awful on it

Hopefully it will be a success for them and drives really well though...

Bigheppy - 8/9/17 at 04:19 PM

It looks like a marcos

mark.s - 8/9/17 at 04:24 PM

Very Mazda

femster87 - 8/9/17 at 04:32 PM

Pretty ordinary

ReMan - 8/9/17 at 05:33 PM

Hmm, "nice" and I wouldn't say no, but not special and in your face enough

David Jenkins - 8/9/17 at 05:39 PM

I prefer the original Griffith - but that's just my personal taste.

Simple, neat and tidy.

I saw one of these on the Orwell Bridge near Ipswich - he was driving along when someone in a Nissan Micra cut out right in front of him... once the Micra pulled in again the TVR driver gave it everything 'to prove a point'. I could hear the roar in my tin-top, and I was 100 or so yards behind him!

[Edited on 9/9/17 by David Jenkins]

Dopdog - 8/9/17 at 05:52 PM

look like Vauxhall VXR wheels on it

morcus - 8/9/17 at 06:20 PM

I like it though I agree that it does look a bit Mazda.

I really like the idea of a 500hp Cosworth tuned Mustang V8.

big_wasa - 8/9/17 at 06:31 PM

I would sooner have an F type jag.

Simon - 8/9/17 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
I would sooner have an F type jag.

Yep. And the engine is made here - why can't they build their own?

Andybarbet - 8/9/17 at 07:52 PM

I only just saw some photos of it, I too was hoping for the wow that TVR usually give you :-(

steve m - 8/9/17 at 09:22 PM

Doesnt look like a Marcus to me, its fing ugly. and a jap retro style (imho)

I never did find the TVR range very interesting anyway

steve

ianhurley20 - 8/9/17 at 09:31 PM

Don't want to be negative, particularly about TVR, probably the most reliable car ever made - but - it just doesn't look like a Trevor. And - who makes it - and where is it made now?

Simon - 8/9/17 at 10:17 PM

Will be made in Wales after the gov there bribed them. However, engine, box presumably the rear end will all be from the US. So more of an airfix kit really.

Texan - 9/9/17 at 03:04 AM

An MX5 mated with a Mercedes?

David Jenkins - 9/9/17 at 06:37 AM

Looking again at the pictures, I noticed that they haven't put a numberplate at the front (they show one at the back). I have no idea how they'd fix one - presumably it would go over the lower orifice on the nose - and I don't think it would look nice if they did.

perksy - 9/9/17 at 08:21 AM

Hmmm Sadly I'm not convinced by the interior either

There seems to be some Ford influence with the instrument stalks & air vents etc ?

TVR Interiors always used to have the 'wow' factor but I'm wandering if the design flair that was previously allowed wasn't profitable enough ?

Really do hope its a success, But its fair to say its divided opinion and if I had a Sagaris sat in the garage I don't think I'd be rushing to PX it...

HowardB - 9/9/17 at 08:59 AM

I saw the unveil yesterday - the car is good looking and I am sure it will be quick and awesome! However one of the "staff" and I agreed that it will look much better once the mad axe murderer has been at it!

I'll post some pictures soon

Matt21 - 9/9/17 at 11:42 AM

The original Griffith is hardly a bold striking crazy design is it... so why would this one be?

If they made one called the Sagaris or T350 etc then you would expect it to be crazy looking.

I like it, apart from the dash and the stupid headlights (like the new mclaren, they look too 'soft' compared to the rest of the car)

Wadders - 9/9/17 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
I prefer the original Griffith - but that's just my personal taste.

Simple, neat and tidy.

I saw one of these on the Orwell Bridge near Ipswich - he was driving along when someone in a Nissan Micra cut out right in front of him... once the Micra pulled in again the TVR driver gave it everything 'to prove a point'. I could hear the roar in my tin-top, and I was 100 or so yards behind him!

[Edited on 9/9/17 by David Jenkins]

Nice......but that's not the original Griffith, first TVR Griffith was made in 1963

David Jenkins - 9/9/17 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
Nice......but that's not the original Griffith, first TVR Griffith was made in 1963

Don't care! I like this one...

On reflection, some cars look good in photos but are rubbish in real life, some are rubbish in photos but look stunning when you actually see one, so I'll withdraw my earlier comments and reserve judgement until I see one of the new Griffiths close up...

Shooter63 - 9/9/17 at 09:15 PM

I hope it does really well, the more car makers we have the better, do I like the looks no but I think all cars made after 1970 look shite , would I buy one no, because I can't afford it, so im not the target market.

Shooter

Wadders - 9/9/17 at 09:53 PM

Unusual wishbone mounting arrangement........

Description
Description