Board logo

I love the Idea of This
SJ - 22/9/17 at 03:44 PM

ian locostzx9rc2 - 22/9/17 at 04:05 PM

Love the car but if that's a normal trackday scary overtaking in bends braking areas etc. And very close to cars on the bends .

SJ - 22/9/17 at 04:07 PM

quote:

Love the car but if that's a normal trackday scary overtaking in bends braking areas etc. And very close to cars on the bends .

From my albeit limited experience that seems to be the norm.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 22/9/17 at 05:33 PM

Not on the trackdays I've been on plus overtaking on left and right without consent looked all most like a race at times good footage though and looked pretty nippy too

[Edited on 22/9/17 by ian locostzx9rc2]

cliftyhanger - 22/9/17 at 05:52 PM

Couldn't agree more. Great car, good driver, wrong event.
That type of driving is not clever on a trackday. Should be kept for race/practice or whatever.
I exchanged words with a driver on a trackday, he was a racer, and thought the set of rules for the day didn't apply, so overtook me in a bend by coming up the inside on a bend, nearly took both of us out. He was very apologetic, guess he forgot where he was.

And all that stuff is one reason I an twitchy about doing a general trackday. Too many idiots where their skills are nowhere near the equal of their ego.However, I havedone a number with owners clubs, and found them rather more agreeable. And friendly. And cheaper.

ianhurley20 - 22/9/17 at 08:51 PM

Brilliant - I want my old 2CV back - even with the 602cc engine which probably will not do as well

Ivan - 23/9/17 at 04:13 PM

Imagine how one would feel in your hot hatch being overtaken by a 2CV

SCAR - 23/9/17 at 05:17 PM

enjoyed the video, like the car, don't want to share a track day with this driver

prawnabie - 24/9/17 at 10:29 AM

Saw a nasty accident at Mallory on a track day due to a driver acting like a wannabe Senna and coming up woefully short, I fact there were a few and the organisers seem to ignore them, so I packed up and went home. After a bit of wrangling I got my money back as they stated in the disclaimer below the rules they were letting people ignore that they would do everything in their power to make it a safe enjoyable day for all!