Board logo

New Fuel Tank
Schrodinger - 22/3/23 at 05:08 PM

I live in Aviemore Scotland for my sins and I think I am going to need a new petrol tank for my Stylus, can anybody recommend somebody up this way to make one for me?

pigeondave - 22/3/23 at 06:14 PM

I'm down south, but could you ask the local stock car racing scene if there is someone up there?

I had my one welded up by a guy who was well into it. Was also very reasonably priced at the time.

bi22le - 22/3/23 at 06:31 PM

Hi,

I have just had a custom tank made for me for my Striker. A company called CompBrake (https://www.compbrake.com/?s=fuel+tank&post_type=product&v=79cba1185463) had a striker tank listed on ebay so I contacted them to buy one and get some custom brakets welded on.

Overall I am happy with it. I have not checked if it leaks! It cost £315 delivered and that includes the sender unit.

New tank
New tank

I would recommend them from my experience to date. If it leaks or cracks I will update this post!!!

[Edited on 22/3/23 by bi22le]

nick205 - 23/3/23 at 08:47 AM

Un-tank related, but "Bi22le" I just spotted your oil drain/catch thing in the photo. Had one for years and it's brilliant - never a drop spilt and very easy to transport the used oil to the recyling place after as well.

(sorry to sideline the thread )

In fact what stopped me using it was:

1. Selling the MK Indy
2. Buying an oil extractor
3. Selling my tin top (epilepsy stops driving)
4. SWMBOs car goes for garage services (don't get me started on that.....)

[Edited on 23/3/23 by nick205]

J666AYP - 23/3/23 at 02:57 PM

+1 for compbrake motorsport. Send them a sketch of what you want and they will have it knocked up and sent to you. Used them for mine and have no complaints.

J