Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance assessor query
steve m

posted on 17/8/14 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance assessor query

Hi

Are there any insurance assessor's on here today, as ive just had my car repaired as some numpty in a jeep smashed into my car in a car park, while we were out shopping,

problem is my car seems to have come back with most of the problems still there, but some nice fancy paintwork is ok

Ive compiled an email for my insurance company, and just need some advice before sending it

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Ben_Copeland

posted on 17/8/14 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Well what problems did it come back with? Don't leave us guessing !

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

steve m

posted on 17/8/14 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

A brief outline of events re my car and the car went to my insurers nominated repair garage, as if it gone to my choice, they would not give me a hire car

June 23 2014 , my car was hit by a jeep, in a car park while we were out shopping

the car was shunted back about 6 feet into another and thankfully empty car park slot

the witness who has written a statement said it was a hell of a bang, and it must of been, as when we returned, I could not open the drivers door, and It took me sitting in side and kicking the door open, to rectify it

The car was drivable, although the steering wheel was cocked and the airbag light was on, both of these problems were not there before the accident, and were informed on the quote

It was taken to XXXXXXXXX for repair,

I picked the car (mondeo kvXXXXX) at 1220 on 15 August

Firstly on walking to the car, I notice the front bumper/valance is broken, and was not when it went in there. the garage basicly bluffed there way out and said it was like that when I dropped the car off, also the offside front mud flap is held on by 3 black bolt and not the original ford clips they did do that

secondly as I leave Apollo motors the airbag light was on, so I stopped the car (still in the garage compound) and went back in to reception,

An engineer took the car away to reset the light? about an hour later, my car comes back, out, and the manager appears and informs me that the airbag light is not there problem, and can not be reset as its a door curtain ? and there not authorised to fix it, due to costs

Reluctantly I took the car, under duress, as I need it, as its a tow car for my caravan and car trailer, for a sports car, separate times !

On driving home,

The steering has not been sorted at all, and the steering wheel is still cocked, and the car appears to pull to the right, and I don't seem to remember it doing that before

So, Friday was pretty well used up getting my car back, and handing back the Chevrolet spark

that was pretty well useless for any of our needs

Saturday morning, the Mondeo will not start, as the imobilesor is activated and no matter what , will not start, this problem has never happened before, it also caused more greif to myself as it was on my drive, facing uphill, and blocking my garage door that has my other car in it, (the 7)

I contacted XXXXXXXXX, and there is only reception staff, and no engineers in on a Saturday morning

so I have two cars at home, one doesn't start, and the other is blocked in the garage, my day is not going well

I contacted Enterprise, and they agree for me to get the hire car Chevy spark, back,

I joined the AA at £120.99 and they would send someone out to sort my car

I get a lift from a neighbour to xxxxx and get the hire car back, contract ends on 20aug at 1000 Am

Around 1700 the AA turn up, and trys to sort my car, but it seems that the OBD port does not work, so he can not plug a laptop in to find the fault, but quite incredibly, and he does not know how, the car started, but he has recommended that we do not use it, as it may fail again, as he never actually fixed it, so at least I can move my car off the driveway now!

Also in hes trying to sort the car, it appears my drivers door lock is not working, and again it certainly did before

As this accident was nothing to do with me, I would like all of the above rectified, and get my car back on the road in a satisfactory manner

Steve

[Edited on 17/8/14 by steve m]

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Ben_Copeland

posted on 17/8/14 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
I would contact your insurance and get them to sort it. tell them the garage them nominated didn't repair it properly and you will be using your own choice of garage.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

steve m

posted on 17/8/14 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ben

My comments are basicly the email to the insurer's with some other stuff. like the hire car should be like for like on my policy
and a chevy spark is not like for like for a Ford Mondeo estate, in fact the chevy would fit in the boot of my mondeo

steve

garyt

posted on 17/8/14 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
hi , I sympathise with you my Volvo has just been taken away after a drunk driver wiped the front corner off last sat morning a week later after chasing police and insurance they finally took my car and gave us a hire car yesterday.
At least they got the woman all seen by an off duty officer.
just wonder what state the Volvo will be in when / if ? it comes back.
at least I got some extra time on the build as couldn't get to work so had to take last of hols to cover ..
gary

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.