Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Helmet with Hans Posts - suggestions?
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 20/11/15 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Helmet with Hans Posts - suggestions?

As above really. I need a new lid for next year, and I wondered if any LCBers had suggestions for one with HANS posts fitted.

any bargains to be had?

sheepish0001

posted on 20/11/15 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
I've used these guys for my stage rally lid

https://www.hedtec.co.uk/products/category/helmets/

Works fine with my Hans

http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/

These guys always seem to get good feedback from the rally guys

jeffw

posted on 20/11/15 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Luke Alger who runs Plays Kool sprints a Supercharged Duratec engine Westfield. Good lads.

It really depends on your budget and the fit you are looking for. You can try/buy helmets at the Autosport show in January, often with show discounts, which might be the smart thing to do.

[Edited on 20/11/15 by jeffw]

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 20/11/15 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Luke Alger who runs Plays Kool sprints a Supercharged Duratec engine Westfield. Good lads.

It really depends on your budget and the fit you are looking for. You can try/buy helmets at the Autosport show in January, often with show discounts, which might be the smart thing to do.

I did think about Autosport, but not sure if time will allow. I've currently got a sparco which fits well, so may stick with them. Hedtec and Play Kool stuff looks good though.

Budget it under £300 really, which i know is low end, but crikey sprinting is getting expensive!

TimC

posted on 20/11/15 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
This from Plays Kool:

Is a rebadged Pyrotect from the States. I have one without Hans posts and will be buying another with Hans posts via eBay (admittedly, I know my size)

Very good value. See eBay item 371247739599

Trollyjack

posted on 20/11/15 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
I use one of these from demon tweeks very comfortable

link

[Edited on 20/11/15 by Trollyjack]

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jeffw

posted on 21/11/15 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
quote:

I did think about Autosport, but not sure if time will allow. I've currently got a sparco which fits well, so may stick with them. Hedtec and Play Kool stuff looks good though.

Budget it under £300 really, which i know is low end, but crikey sprinting is getting expensive!

Better to make the time and try on several Helmets than spend £300 on one that doesn't fit well.

Demon Tweeks will allow you to order one and try it and if it doesn't fit return it. Or you could go over to Wrexham and try in the shop or MSAR in London.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 21/11/15 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
quote:

Better to make the time and try on several Helmets than spend £300 on one that doesn't fit well.

Demon Tweeks will allow you to order one and try it and if it doesn't fit return it. Or you could go over to Wrexham and try in the shop or MSAR in London.

You're right, I know. Guess I'm off to Autosport then.....

daniel mason

posted on 21/11/15 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
I had an omp in medium and it didn't fit quite right. It sat a bit high on my head!
This year I got a nice sparco one,again in medium and it's a much much better fit.altough it was twice the price of the omp

car13

posted on 8/12/15 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure you get the correct lid, as earlier 2005 lids that were Hans Compatible (such as Bell and other) had little gromets in the side, when you go to fit hans posts as there is not a captive thread you have to send back to manufacturer to have them fitted. If you dont get the FIA sticker you may not go racing.

Later lids have a captive tread and you just screw a post in yourself so may be cheaper to buy posts and fit yourself.

It will also affect the Hans you use, as older ones may not be suitable to use with the FIA8858-2010 posts, just another way in which the MSA change things.

Club Racer and team owner

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 8/12/15 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Many of the rallying guys are switching to Stilo helmets for next year, though they are far from cheap.
rm0rgan

posted on 8/12/15 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Worth checking out - prices look very good http://www.blackcatracewear.com/

Sigs are uncool.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.