Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RCB - Some 7!!
Dick Axtell

posted on 4/7/16 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
RCB - Some 7!!

Has anyone encountered this German 7-type?

http://www.rcb7.de/FahrspassimDetail

Looks an impressivlely well finished example, possibly a market equivalent of the big Donkervoorts.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 4/7/16 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
They're really getting their monies worth from the Louvre stamping tool.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Adamirish

posted on 4/7/16 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
I really really like that! Looks very well put together. I bet that ain't cheap though!

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

Slimy38

posted on 4/7/16 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish
I really really like that! Looks very well put together. I bet that ain't cheap though!

41.5K for the kit, 45K for the low end pre-built. Euros that is. 35K in GBP!! You get a used 2.0 Duratec for that, and what seems to be quite a high kerb weight.

As a comparison, Westfield do the 250 Ecoboost for £29K. Those are some very expensive louvres!

adithorp

posted on 4/7/16 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
A mate has one with s2000 motor. Very nice bit of kit and way beyond anything I've seen Caterham and Westfield build.
His is registered in Holland and to have a kit, they'd have built it, tested/registered then taken it to bits and given him the bits to reassemble... and as a result would have been dearer than turn key.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

AndyW

posted on 4/7/16 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Looks nice, but personally I think the overall design has been "done to death" now and we need a newcomer to move the kit car forward. I still love the "lotus 7" shape (otherwise I wouldn't drive one) but would like to see something different but equally appealing (and locost!)
Adamirish

posted on 4/7/16 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish

41.5K for the kit, 45K for the low end pre-built. Euros that is. 35K in GBP!! You get a used 2.0 Duratec for that, and what seems to be quite a high kerb weight.

As a comparison, Westfield do the 250 Ecoboost for £29K. Those are some very expensive louvres!

Good god! I can't help but think, there are plenty of other things can be had for that money. For instance, a chap turned up at work today in a nice Aston V8 vantage he'd just paid £26k for.

As nice as that RCB is, it's an extremely expensive toy.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

MikeRJ

posted on 5/7/16 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like they have cunningly reduced body roll by providing about 1/2" clearance for the rear tyres in the arches

Nice, but hardly £35k's worth of nice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.