Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I'd forgotten...
joneh

posted on 7/1/17 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'd forgotten...

Just how much car building hurts!!!!

Fitted an engine and gearbox in preparation for a house move and I'm in agony now! Must be getting old.

rusty nuts

posted on 7/1/17 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
You must be getting old!
slingshot2000

posted on 7/1/17 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
We are ALL getting older !
David Jenkins

posted on 7/1/17 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional...

Banana

posted on 7/1/17 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Certainly not good for the lower back., but better than working on a normal car.
bi22le

posted on 7/1/17 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Add i keep my car on the trailer is actually at a really nice height to work on.

Maybe raise your car up on some sort of lift or even just 350mm with 4 axle stands will help.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

David Jenkins

posted on 8/1/17 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Banana
Certainly not good for the lower back., but better than working on a normal car.

The local MOT garage loves doing my car - it's cleaner underneath than most cars they see, and all the front suspension can be done without lifting the car much (he normally lifts it up to waist height so he doesn't need to bend down).

joneh

posted on 8/1/17 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'll do that in my nice new double garage. Think I struggled due to lack of space in my current single garage.

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Add i keep my car on the trailer is actually at a really nice height to work on.

Maybe raise your car up on some sort of lift or even just 350mm with 4 axle stands will help.

bi22le

posted on 8/1/17 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
I'll do that in my nice new double garage. Think I struggled due to lack of space in my current single garage.

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

I have a single garage that had my car on its trailer, a workbench with all of my tools and a motobike I commute on! I have to agile to climb over things to get to other areas of the garage.

Oh to have a large garage. . .

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

nick205

posted on 9/1/17 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
We're indeed all getting older.

That said I don't recall hurting myself during my MK Indy build. Axle stands helped as did an engine crane during the engine/gearbox fitting process. All said I had the luxury of building in my Dad's workshop at the time with plenty of space. I also had other people on hand to help me - they were more to avoid damage (scratches) though than hefting things.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.