Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ECU
JohnH

posted on 3/3/17 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
ECU

Just after a bit of help, I've got myself a Emerald ecu, but iam looking at getting the wiring harness to go with it, but iam not sure which harness would go with it. Iam building a Aries locost, with a 1.8 blacktop Zetec on injection. I was wondering if there off the shelf harness from the Westfield would fit mine ?
I have rang Emerald, but I think iam more confused now.......

Daf

posted on 3/3/17 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
I used the generic loom from Emerald, I had to make some modifications to make it neat in my car like shortening some bits and lengthening others. You should be fine with the generic Westfield loom
rusty nuts

posted on 3/3/17 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Or buy the multi plug,connectors from Emerald and a load of different coloured wire and build your own custom loom. Make sure you make a note of which wires go where
JohnH

posted on 4/3/17 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I was hoping to get a full loom,as iam not good with wiring........ Cheers 👍🏻
Daf

posted on 4/3/17 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
If you weren't so far away I'd come help, I love wiring!
rusty nuts

posted on 4/3/17 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
I hate wiring and electrics but still found wiring up my ECU straightforward. Also making your own loom means you don't have to chop or extend an existential nag loom
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 4/3/17 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I think whatever loom you get will need some modification, so it comes down to what is easier - trying to modify an existing loom, or making a new one?

I made my own loo m as well. It's not too difficult once you get into it, you just need to take it slowly and check what you are doing. I found that zip-tie labels are quite useful for making sure the wires go into the plugs as they should.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

JohnH

posted on 4/3/17 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, might speak to emerald again to see how much the plugs are and see what making my own world be like. Thanks again 👍🏻

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.