Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend me an ABS Scan Tool
mcerd1

posted on 31/7/17 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Recommend me an ABS Scan Tool

I've been having some issues with the tin-top recently - the short version is I need an ABS scan tool to read the codes as well as cycle the valves to get it all bled

can anyone recommend a tool that will get the job done without breaking the bank ? (its a 2008 ford c max if that makes any odds)

-

obfripper

posted on 31/7/17 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap and cheerful is forscan and an elm327 interface, usually bundled together on ebay for 15-20quid.
It will read most if not all modules fitted to your vehicle for codes and live data.
There is some support for abs bleed functions, but it is a model specific function.

Avoid f-super interfaces, the supplied software does not do what is claimed and they are not compatible with forscan software either.

Dave

big_wasa

posted on 31/7/17 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
For a ford, as above.

https://passionford.com/forum/ford-focus-st/492781-gem-module.html

I got the dongle in the link and it seems to work fine. Reads WAY more than a cheap elm and torque.

britishtrident

posted on 31/7/17 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ford Ford bidrectional activation with Forscan a modified ELM327 will do the job see http://www.scantool-direct.co.uk/ford-elm327-modified-hscan-mscan-switch-forscan.html

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

mcerd1

posted on 2/8/17 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
cheers guys

any recommendations for a a stand alone tool that would cover this and the basic OBDII functions (as my old MS509 is starting to die and I'm not sure my laptop is up to the job....)

-

obfripper

posted on 2/8/17 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
There's not any that i know of that will definately do the bleeding procedure (unless you're spending 500+), autel al619a does eobd, airbag and abs along with some bi-directional functions but does not state what models are covered. It looks to be US orientated so may not cover mk2 focus/cmax as they were never released in the us, they got a facelift of the mk1 with a duratec engine, followed by the mk3.

There is also a forscan android app that will work with wifi versions of the elm327 interface like this:
Modified ELM327 Forscan Ford Focus Mondeo Kuga S-Max WIFI ANDROID

The app is about £3.50 and afaik supports all functions that the desktop program does, so should do abs bleed etc.
The wifi one should also work with a desktop pc if it's in wifi range.

Dave

britishtrident

posted on 2/8/17 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Scantool manufacturers tend not to give too many details on what exactly a tool will do on a given make and model, often some bi-directional controls are on the tool's menu don't actually work properly.
I would suggest you c0ntat the uK agents for Autel, Launch and Foxwell ( gendan.co.uk) directly and also Scantool-direct.co.uk
The Foxwell NT510FD is the most likely to meet your requirements Link

[Edited on 2/8/17 by britishtrident]

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 7/8/17 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
From Scantool Direct website

[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.