Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peugeot 207cc 1.6hdi clutch trouble
ASH3

posted on 11/11/17 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Peugeot 207cc 1.6hdi clutch trouble

Hi guys ive run out of idea's my clutch pedal went to the floor would not return after fitting new dual mass flywheel and clutch still wont return evan after new lever and bush master cyl and slave cyl. Bled it so many different ways now im totally lost .....

rusty nuts

posted on 11/11/17 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
I know you say you have tried bleeding so many ways but have you tried connecting a bleed pipe to the NSF brake bleed nipple and the clutch slave cylinder then slowly pumping the brake pedal ? This will bleed the clutch in reverse pushing any air back through the master cylinder.
rusty nuts

posted on 11/11/17 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, did you change the sleeve the thrust bearing slides on? They can and do wear .
ASH3

posted on 11/11/17 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yep reverse bled and changed the release brg housing def no wind in there lol

rusty nuts

posted on 11/11/17 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Does the clutch disengage when you try to put it in gear? Is there any pressure when the clutch is applied? Nothing jamming the pedal down? The clutch was the correct item? No restriction in the pipes etc?
ASH3

posted on 11/11/17 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
There is pressure when pressing pedal but it won't move the lever enough to create back pressure to push the pedal back

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 11/11/17 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
I think your clutch pressure plate maybe one that needs compressing after fitting it to the flywheel to engage the self adjusting mechanism on the pressure plate you need a special tool for this so you wouldn’t get a decent pedal ?
ASH3

posted on 11/11/17 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Ian you may just have made my day evan tho the box will be coming out for the 3rd time many thanks will look into this thanks all

rusty nuts

posted on 11/11/17 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Has the 207 got the pull type clutch where the thrust bearing is locked into the cover like some of the other Peugeots? I'm sure I've done clutch son the 207 s but can't remember ever having problems
ASH3

posted on 11/11/17 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
No it looks a std clutch to me bit I'm open to any help available it's got me struggling big style

rusty nuts

posted on 12/11/17 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Might possibly be worth double checking the DMF and the clutch are identical to the original? Wouldn't be the first time incorrect parts are supplied. When checking the DMF make sure you check the thickness , too thin it could cause your symptoms . Also double check the clutch plate is fitted correctly, not teaching you to suck eggs .
rusty nuts

posted on 17/11/17 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Did you manage to get this sorted? Reason I ask is because I've just had the same problem on a Honda Jazz to which I fitted a recondition gearbox and a new clutch,a Bluepoint kit ? on trying it the clutch wouldn't clear so after bleeding and double checking the hydraulics the box was removed again , the clutch inspected and refitted with a new clutch fork which I reported was worn the first time round but told to refit it. Still the same so box removed again and another new clutch fitted this time an LUK kit , problem solved. Just because the clutch was new doesn't mean it works . Think this is only the 3rd time in over 50 years in the motor trade I've had a faulty clutch.
ASH3

posted on 17/11/17 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I've got another new clutch kit to fit this weekend I'm sure I've a duff kit too. Gearbox out for 3rd time such joys. Tryed another slave and master cylinder and no joy just can't raise enough pressure to push lever.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.