Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Protesters sat on roads
jacko

posted on 5/10/21 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Protesters sat on roads

How long before a protester gets run over by a hi rated motorists
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 5/10/21 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Not soon enough.

I live by the Dartford crossing and have a good friend in the met who deals with them.

I think the police should unstick them, leave their hands cast in their concrete tubes (which by the way the protestors have not easy of getting themselves out of!) at the side of the road for a public flogging. Let them try and convince the passers by that they should listen

Morons

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

sdh2903

posted on 6/10/21 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
For once I completely agree with Boris and his description of the morons.

Illegitimate crusties

James

posted on 7/10/21 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
They should protest in a deserted field somewhere. Or out on the moors.

Climate change is unimportant and will make no difference to anybody so protesters causing disruption and actually getting noticed is bang out of order.

Probably should make protesting about anything illegal too really!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

David Jenkins

posted on 7/10/21 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Of course, these protesters are causing massive traffic jams, with cars and lorries spewing fumes that are concentrated in the locality - very nice for the locals... NOT!

James

posted on 7/10/21 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Of course, these protesters are causing massive traffic jams, with cars and lorries spewing fumes that are concentrated in the locality - very nice for the locals... NOT!

Average age of a car in the UK is 6 years I believe.

I suspect if my girlfriend's 2014 poverty spec Fiesta has engine auto-stop then plenty of other stuff will have too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

indykid

posted on 7/10/21 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
They should protest in a deserted field somewhere. Or out on the moors.

Climate change is unimportant and will make no difference to anybody so protesters causing disruption and actually getting noticed is bang out of order.

Probably should make protesting about anything illegal too really!

They might have a solid point but the only thing I think when someone says insulate Britain isn't kind.......and they're not even getting in my way.

Why don't they go inconvenience Boris Johnson? I bet they'd get far more support for that.

coyoteboy

posted on 7/10/21 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I totally believe in their cause.

I don't support the tactics. Not only is it targeting the wrong people, it's causing real personal harm and doubt nothing but turning the public off the cause.

If they got in the way of me getting to my parents in hospital, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pay them much regard.

[Edited on 7/10/21 by coyoteboy]

perksy

posted on 7/10/21 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
When it first started I had a bit of sympathy for their cause and their right to protest, but now its gone too far

Stopping emergency service vehicles is a no no in my book...

They've damaged their cause by affecting the wrong people

bi22le

posted on 7/10/21 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I totally support their cause. Home should be insulated for free.

It will save us money, stop us all wasting gas and keep people body in jobs.

I don't overly want to pay for landlords homes, and I don't think it's the best way to cut carbon emissions.

Their way of going about things it's just stupid. I don't understand why they attack the Joe public about something that is not to do with us, we can't decide to pass the bill so why sit on the M25.?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/10/21 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
I think they'd be better spending their time growing and planting new trees.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
perksy

posted on 13/10/21 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Just been watching them online today causing more 'Insulate Britain' havoc

I've changed my mind, I used to think they'd got a point, Now I just think their a bunch of retired bloody anarchists' causing major issues for working people

I don't think it will be long now before one gets run over or knocked out by an irate builder or van driver...

coyoteboy

posted on 13/10/21 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/10/21 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure if I went out and sat on the road outside the police would have me in the back of a van before I knew it.

Their cause is perfectly reasonable, their methods just idiotic and completely failing to gain any support.

jacko

posted on 14/10/21 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
My daughter had a good idea protesters that will not move spray them with honey and let the bees and wasps do there best work

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.