Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help! Lost V5c and no tax
James

posted on 18/7/14 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Help! Lost V5c and no tax

Greetings,

My pile them up and forget about them filing system has come back to bite me!

There's a long tale here but in short I've moved house and mislaid the V5/C for the tintop and the tax has run out. I urgently need the car up and running again.

If I give in and fill out a v62 for a new V5/C and go to the post office, can I get the tax at the same time? It doesn't say so on the form and I'm concerned they'll send it off and I'll have further weeks to wait.

If I or the PO *have* to send it off, how long does it take for the V5/C to arrive?

With the Locost now intermittantly starting and my bicycle suddenly disintergrating this is turning into a bit of a (1st World ) problem!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

cliftyhanger

posted on 18/7/14 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Did you send the V5 off with change of address?

If you did it may be easier? but maybe a call to DVLA explaining the situation. Be careful about the moving bit, they get twitchy if you don't tell them things (if they find out of course, and here they will)

wylliezx9r

posted on 18/7/14 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
You can tax your car by phone as long as it is mot'd and insured, I did it on my car earlier this year.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

owelly

posted on 18/7/14 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
But if you tax it over the phone or online, you still need the V5 and the disc will be sent to the registered address, which, I'm guessing, is the old address?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 18/7/14 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
You used to be able to tax using the lost registration form and tax form at the post office, as it's all electronic now you may be able to just collect over the counter, worth a go anyway.
James

posted on 18/7/14 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
You used to be able to tax using the lost registration form and tax form at the post office, as it's all electronic now you may be able to just collect over the counter, worth a go anyway.

Turns out you can still.

Form filled and ready to take home with me!

Thanks all!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.