Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Tin Top
Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 31/7/14 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
New Tin Top

Hi All

Looking to buy a new tin top.... ( I cant believe i'm going to type this but here goes)

I'm NO longer UK based so the choices have been in no particular order. we dont need anything bigger than a "super mini"

Suzuki Swift
Honda Jazz
Nissan Pulsar
Toyota Vios
Mazda 2
Ford Fiesta S

Having looked and test driven them all.

We are finding ourselves drawn to the new Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost with a 6 speed powershift transmission.

with LPG as a factory fitted option (well here in Thailand anyway) & LPG being £0.05 a litre its a no brainer to go this route.

It has to be an "auto" missus cant drive a manual, and if im honest having had auto's for so long i'm lazy enough to like them now, certainly a manual will be used in my next car project but a new tin top has to be an auto.

The Fiesta with this engine and transmission seems to be getting good reviews after a few engine and trans mapping upgrades to iron out some glitches.

Served my time on Ford/Lotus Many many moons ago and used to hate anything modern Ford, so its not easy to admit I'm liking this car.

So anyone on here any real life experience of this engine in the long term ?

Cheers

[Edited on 31/7/2014 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

britishtrident

posted on 31/7/14 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
Hi All

Looking to buy a new tin top.... ( I cant believe i'm going to type this but here goes)

I'm NO longer UK based so the choices have been in no particular order. we dont need anything bigger than a "super mini"

Suzuki Swift
Honda Jazz
Nissan Pulsar
Toyota Vios
Mazda 2
Ford Fiesta S

Having looked and test driven them all.

We are finding ourselves drawn to the new Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost with a 6 speed powershift transmission.

with LPG as a factory fitted option (well here in Thailand anyway) & LPG being £0.05 a litre its a no brainer to go this route.

It has to be an "auto" missus cant drive a manual, and if im honest having had auto's for so long i'm lazy enough to like them now, certainly a manual will be used in my next car project but a new tin top has to be an auto.

The Fiesta with this engine and transmission seems to be getting good reviews after a few engine and trans mapping upgrades to iron out some glitches.

Served my time on Ford/Lotus Many many moons ago and used to hate anything modern Ford, so its not easy to admit I'm liking this car.

So anyone on here any real life experience of this engine in the long term ?

Cheers

[Edited on 31/7/2014 by Hector.Brocklebank]

The LPG systems used by Ford in UK the didn't have a great reputation, they used an expensive in tank pump that regularly went belly up
... But things will have moved on.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 31/7/14 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
LPG & NGV is a very mature field here, As of January 2013, Thailand had 1,014,000 LPG fuelled vehicles !!!!

And having watched their techs tuning systems they are mostly on the ball, so that side is not such a worry, warranty is still being honoured by Ford, and although its "factory" installed from what i can see they are using EU after-market components.

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

morcus

posted on 31/7/14 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
My mum has a 63 plate mazda 2 in a decent spec and I really don't think that much of it. My Nan has a newish Jazz (Which replaced her last gen Jazz, both had from new) and I think it's a brilliant car for what it does. very practical due to the van like shape and the way the seats move and all the cubby holes and feels a lot more modern than the Mazda.

If I had to pick one from your list and wasn't allowed to go and see them all I'd go for the Fiesta.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

t11

posted on 31/7/14 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Pity the wife can't drive a manual but there is an easy way round that...get yourself a ladyboy after all you are in Thailand and not only can they drive a manual but they will drive you wild too boot.....
smart51

posted on 31/7/14 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I had a fiesta hire car for a week. I could not get on with the seats. By the end, I'd get back ache within a couple of minutes. I do like the sound of the ecoboost engine though. I'm not sure it counts as a super mini any more. It's the size of an old Astra.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.