Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My brilliant SEAT ibiza 1.4 MPI
Irony

posted on 13/8/14 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
My brilliant SEAT ibiza 1.4 MPI

I run three cars, mine, the missus's and the kit. I have a new baby and a new house. Money is tight. My daily driver is a little petrol ibiza. And I have to say it's brilliant. I bought it for £990 and I have been driving it daily for 4 years. It has never ever let me down. So far I have replaced 2 tyres and the exhaust back box. I service it ever 10K.

I bought it with 62K on the clock and it now has 117K on it. Thats 55K and I have spent about £200 repairing it in that time. If anyone wants a reliable daily driver or first car for their kid I totally recommend one. Or the associated Polo/Fabia version.

Just thought I'd share my experiences. Its not a cool car, its just cheap and reliable. This is Locostbuilders after all.

coozer

posted on 13/8/14 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Cheapest car I ever had was a rover 214.

Paid £140 for it with 55k on the clock, sold it 7 years later with 110k on it, for £250, front brakes, a back box and an oil filter after the one on it rusted away....

Then the most economical was a Peugeot 106D. It would have been the best thing ever if only it had pas, electric windows and central locking.. 75mpg...

[Edited on 13/8/14 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

rusty nuts

posted on 13/8/14 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cheapest I had was a Citroen XM turbo diesel estate, paid £350 for it, had it 13 years without spending a lot on it , did 150000 miles in it and got 2 grand trade under the scrap page scheme against a new Fiesta for the other half

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.