Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Interesting (no, really!) programme about the M6 motorway!
James

posted on 10/9/14 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting (no, really!) programme about the M6 motorway!

I really enjoyed this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04hg23s/the-motorway-life-in-the-fast-lane-1-weight-of-traffic

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Alfa145

posted on 10/9/14 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Was a very interesting program. I was surprised by how dangerous those HGVs were being cutting back in as they were trying to close the road. Perhaps the police should be looking to take action against that type of dangerous driving.
theprisioner

posted on 10/9/14 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Very good film, part of a series, must watch the next one!

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

Smoking Frog

posted on 10/9/14 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Worth watching thanks for the link. I got the feeling that the women breaking down where they was no hard shoulder was staged.
coozer

posted on 11/9/14 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
Was a very interesting program. I was surprised by how dangerous those HGVs were being cutting back in as they were trying to close the road. Perhaps the police should be looking to take action against that type of dangerous driving.

Yeah, nice bit of editing there to target them, maybe some real time footage of what actually goes on should be shown....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

02GF74

posted on 11/9/14 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I am looking forward to the sequel: M7 - wtf is it?

Alfa145

posted on 12/9/14 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Yeah, nice bit of editing there to target them, maybe some real time footage of what actually goes on should be shown....

If you look at the speed the workers truck was moving there wasn't a huge amount of editing. At that time of night there is a high proportion of HGVs on the road anyway. Even if it was edited to show more doing it in a shorter space of time, they can't edit it to make it look like it happened when it didn't. Bottom line is all those HGVs were making dangerous moves, crossing solid white lines, no amount of editing can fake that, unless you're implying they CGI'd it all?

woodster

posted on 12/9/14 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
i didn't see it but the bottles of wee and plastic bags of poop were talked about by those at work that did
owelly

posted on 12/9/14 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Ah yes: "Driver Tizer"....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alfa145

posted on 12/9/14 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you look at the speed the workers truck was moving there wasn't a huge amount of editing. At that time of night there is a high proportion of HGVs on the road anyway. Even if it was edited to show more doing it in a shorter space of time, they can't edit it to make it look like it happened when it didn't. Bottom line is all those HGVs were making dangerous moves, crossing solid white lines, no amount of editing can fake that, unless you're implying they CGI'd it all?

In real life when you get to that point, the workers stop and leave the gap for a while... And then wave you through...

If, they want to stop that why not use the highways agency or police like the clip earlier to hold the traffic back?

So its dangerous for a lorry travelling at 45 mph to cross white lines but its OK for cars going over 80?

Like I said, that bit was put together purely to target the drivers...

As I've not been in that situation in real life I can't say if they leave a gap for a while or not, I can only comment on what I saw on that program and it seemed fairly convincing that those lorries were contravening the law and crossing a solid white line. I got 3 points for crossing a solid white line several years ago when reported by an off duty officer, so why should those drivers not be treated the same? I was told if I had been seen by an on duty officer I could have been charged with dangerous driving.

Nowhere did I say it's ok for cars to do anything at 80mph, not sure what your point is there. Anyone crossing that solid white line is in the wrong, car, lorry, motorbike. Speed is irrelevant on that point. The road is closed and there are signs all the way up the motorway telling drivers that, not like it's a surprise to them.

Perhaps it has been edited, most TV is. But at that time of night not as many cars as Lorrys would be on the road so it's reasonable to assume that's why every vehicle shown crossing the solid white line was a lorry in the time frame it took to close the Motorway.

Furyous

posted on 12/9/14 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
The guys complaining about the noise got me. If you want peace and quiet maybe... don't live next to a motorway?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.