Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Small Hatchback o Estate Automatic Car Suggestions - Sub £1600
britishtrident

posted on 10/12/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
The clutch fault may be similar to something that occurson some old Rover models on these the clutch fork shaft runs across the bell housing with, the shaft has no proper bearings but runs directly on holes directly in the bell housing casting. After a few years use corrosion causes the shaft to of progressively seize up.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 10/12/14 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a Seat Leon 1.9TDI Cupra for a few years now and found it to be a good car, if you ignore the periodic leaks appearing from the door and the camshaft replacement I had to do. Not sure what the autos are like though I'm afraid!

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

Surrey Dave

posted on 10/12/14 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Heat

I understood the problem with Citroen clutches is that heat effects the cover assy , and makes the springing tougher,

Have obviously changed clutch cables and that MOST annoying plastic clip that joins the cable to the pedal, anyone done that it is literally enough to make a grown man cry with frustration!!!!!!!!!!! Sacred Bleu!!!!!!

andrew.carwithen

posted on 12/12/14 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
If you're after a small car with a roomy interior it may well be worth considering a 5-door Mitsubishi Colt circa 2006 model. They really are tardis-like inside. I'm 6ft tall and sat in the rear with front seat fully back I still have a few inches between knees and seat back with plenty of headroom.
They can come with a peppy 1500cc 94bhp diesel and semi-auto box ( can be left in fully automatic or 'tiptronic' type manual changes if you prefer)
The rear seats are very versatile as they can be independently slid forward and back, tilted forward or removed completely.
So in short, a very versatile small car with big-car interior room, 50-plus mpg and Japanese reliability.
Getting one for sub £1600 may be a little optimistic though (but not impossible for a higher mileage example.)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.