Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Opinions please (Ebay car)
Slimy38

posted on 22/1/15 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Opinions please (Ebay car)

Not the usual Dutton one, this is a genuine question for thoughts. I'm after a 207 for the other half, and this one has popped up;

eBay Item

It looks quite nice, and very tidy. But something looks odd about the drivers side doors. Could someone have a look and see if I'm seeing something that's not there? Is it just cheap french paint or has it has a side bump?

I've asked the seller about it, but I don't think she'll notice anything wrong.

mookaloid

posted on 22/1/15 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
yes the paint looks a bit wrong on the drivers side doors.

Might just be the photographs/light but photos usually make it look better not worse in my experience.

could just be supermarket scrape repair, if so then excuse to chip the price to put the paintwork right.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

leon51274

posted on 22/1/15 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly darker shade?

Could be just a camera trick, I know my car looks a different colour everytime I take pics but certainly worth investigating.

dubzter

posted on 22/1/15 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I can't see anything obvious but maybe I'm blind. Bad light reflection in the picture?

leon51274

posted on 22/1/15 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
yes the paint looks a bit wrong on the drivers side doors.

Might just be the photographs/light but photos usually make it look better not worse in my experience.

could just be supermarket scrape repair, if so then excuse to chip the price to put the paintwork right.

Mookaloid, do you hear much from Richardk aka knobhead?

benchmark51

posted on 22/1/15 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I walk past one every morning when I walk my dog and I have often thought that the colour match looks wrong.
As I pass by it seems like it depends on the angle you look from. Would put me off a bit because now you have noticed it
you'll never forget about it. Go to a main dealer and check out the brand new ones, you might find it is the same.

Smoking Frog

posted on 22/1/15 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Looks OK to me. If anything the front wing is a lighter shade, but I'm sure it's not as the rear quarter panel also look lighter. I think it's just the colour and how the light reflects off it.
mark chandler

posted on 22/1/15 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
Both off side doors painted, they have not blended to the other panels so body shop saving money which should have been picked up on collection.

Check the piller between the doors, if this has been played with it was more than a scrape.

It would annoy me that's for sure, plenty more out there.

Btw, the clutch went in ours early, 20,000 miles of gentle use from new so factor a new one in.

[Edited on 22/1/15 by mark chandler]

Ben_Copeland

posted on 22/1/15 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely wrong shade, either newer/older doors fitted and the age is different. Or more likely repainted and not blended.

Really surprised some of you guys cant see it !!!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Brook_lands

posted on 22/1/15 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Depends what you are displaying it on - Dell Laptop picture looks OK, iPad mis-match very obvious.

Real life? My guess would be even more obvious

I have a mismatch on one of my cars. 90% of the time you cannot see it but in very bright direct sunlight you can see that the A pillar back is a blue based black (original) and the front wings and bonnet are a brown based black (respray).

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 22/1/15 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Really depends on your screen. I've got a laptop with a second external monitor. On the laptop I can't see what you're talking about. Slide the window to the external monitor and its VERY obvious.
Matt21

posted on 22/1/15 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
messaged him for you to see what they say
kingster996

posted on 22/1/15 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Colour looks out for sure - but more worryingly is the fact they have pictured it in front of a Church - says 'subliminal advertising shenanigans' to me!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

Slimy38

posted on 22/1/15 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt21

Already had done, hopefully she doesn't think it odd that two people in short succession ask the same question. I think it is a trick of the light/photo to be honest, on my wifes laptop it's a perfect colour match so I think I'd have to see it in person to see properly.

Having said that, she's just said 'eugh, gold', so I guess she wouldn't have wanted it anyway!!

Time to find a dull blue one...

r1_pete

posted on 22/1/15 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by Matt21

Already had done, hopefully she doesn't think it odd that two people in short succession ask the same question. I think it is a trick of the light/photo to be honest, on my wifes laptop it's a perfect colour match so I think I'd have to see it in person to see properly.

Having said that, she's just said 'eugh, gold', so I guess she wouldn't have wanted it anyway!!

Time to find a dull blue one...

Or a black and white monitor...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 23/1/15 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
You can't trust the colours in the photo to be accurate and I'd say it's more likely the car it's self is fine and it's a trick of the light. I've seen a lot of cars that look completely different colours in person to in photos (Especially Gold cars, they rarely come out the same colour in pictures it seems) only way to know is go and see for yourself, and if you really want to be sure try and see it in the day and under street lights.

If you don't notice it in person (Even if it is actually there) then no worries.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.