Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fiesta ECO Boost 140...
Dave Bailey

posted on 24/2/15 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Fiesta ECO Boost 140...

Well we decided to swap the tin top in for one of the new 140 bhp ecoboost fiesta.. It was due end of Jan but is now apparently stuck in Dagenham and has been for at least the last two weeks... It was supposed to be delivered on the 7th but now I am being told we won't even get it for the 1st March if it doesn't get delivered tomorrow... All seems a bit strange to me... The dealership could not get hold of the area manager today to find oout what is going on... They say other cars in the Fiesta range are late also....

Anyone got anybody in the know that can tell me what is going on?

thanks
Dave B

Agriv8

posted on 24/2/15 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Production line and ford have not reacted quick enough to the surge in demand for new cars Just a guess, dealers place orders and get cick backs when they hit targets in some cases even selling cars at near cost just to take them over the magic number.

Unfortunately I would read stuck in Dagenham reads it's not been built yet possibly !

Just a guess. Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Texan

posted on 24/2/15 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
There is some sort of limited dock workers strike going on over here. I thought it was mostly on the west coast, but maybe some of the east coast workers are striking in sympathy?

I drive therefore I am.

Dave Bailey

posted on 3/3/15 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Car turned up today and we pick it up Friday....

Dave B

sdh2903

posted on 3/3/15 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
There must have been a general hold up as i was in fords today and they were having 10 red/black editions delivered. Like the red one, the black looked awful.
sdh2903

posted on 3/3/15 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
By the way have you driven one yet? If so how did you find it? Im in the market for a small hatch, i want the ST, the mrs thinks we should get the zetec-s red, for the greater 'economics'.
Dave Bailey

posted on 3/3/15 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Only driven the 125 which was great.... I'll let you know Friday... About the 140...

I have the kitcar for performance so the idea with the fiesta is a bit of fun withou the cost... Insurance quote today was 178 protected fully comp 100 excess... 20 a year road tax...

Dave B

sdh2903

posted on 3/3/15 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thats the prob, no kit for me, need an injection of small car fun again. On paper the zetec s is definitly the sensible option, cheap tax 45+ mpg realistically, cheaper to obtain. But wheres the fun in being sensible Insurance isnt really a player as its a whole £18 difference between the 1.0 and 1.6 (which really wound up my 19 year old whos just payed 700 for a crappy 1.2 corsa)

Do post up how you find it though, will be interested to hear as the dealers dont think they'll have a demo til next week.

[Edited on 3/3/15 by sdh2903]

PSpirine

posted on 3/3/15 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I've driven the current ST and a 2010 Zetec S (1.6?) - both great fun, the ST if you can afford it is a very impressive bit of kit.

Quite a harsh ride, but very well screwed together and great handling/throttle response in both cars.

Don't think there's much difference in real world fuel economy either by the way... maybe 5mpg between them in daily/sensible driving conditions.

Dave Bailey

posted on 6/3/15 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely fantastic for a 1.0... Picked it up at 2 today and been grinning ever since!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.