Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Autotronix rolling road tuning, near Dinnington, has anyone used them?
fha772

posted on 5/3/15 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Autotronix rolling road tuning, near Dinnington, has anyone used them?

Hi all,

Has anyone used Autotronix at Laughton en le Morthen, near Dinnington, for rolling road tuning and mapping?

What are like?

I can have the mercedes in there on Tuesday.

Cheers Frank.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6743&start=105

40inches

posted on 5/3/15 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
I used them to set up the carbs on the MK (ZX9R). They found about 15bhp and very reasonable prices.
Only down side is that you can't stay with the car, and no waiting room, some nice pubs in the village

Nickp

posted on 5/3/15 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Only down side is that you can't stay with the car,

What's all that about?? I was thinking of taking mine there but won't be if I can't stay with it. I know every aspect of its engine having custom built it from scratch, so why wouldn't they want me on hand with that info to assist? Maybe they've had some PITA customers, but it's their loss

fha772

posted on 5/3/15 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
That's the main thing that's bothering me, I'm a bit nervous about leaving my car there, I know it looks like a banger race "after" pictur, but I've spent a lot of hours on that car, and this is the first time anyone has ever worked on it...

Nickp

posted on 5/3/15 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to a good few rolling roads over the years and never one that won't let you at least view!! Many let you get involved to a certain extent.
40inches

posted on 5/3/15 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I have to admit that this would probably stop me using them again Which is a great pity.
There is a guy across from GBS in Mansfield who has a good reputation, can't think what they call him! Anybody?

perksy

posted on 5/3/15 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm I dont think i'd be too happy with not even being able to view the car whilst it was being mapped on the rollers.

Every car i've had on the rollers i've been pacing nervously up and down by the side of it thinking "Did i remember to tighten this and did i remember to tighten that.."

fha772

posted on 5/3/15 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
They do seem to have a good reputation, but I just don't know about not being there...

Nickp

posted on 6/3/15 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
I think I'm going to take mine here, read some good reviews and it's very local for me. Just emailed and he's happy with carbs and mapping ECUs. Might be worth giving him a call Frank?

http://www.john-sleath.com/

Tazzzzman1

posted on 6/3/15 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I have to admit that this would probably stop me using them again Which is a great pity.
There is a guy across from GBS in Mansfield who has a good reputation, can't think what they call him! Anybody?

Guys name is Russ at Torquetune. A real old school approach and an expert on Bike carbs 07976 961442.
Has done quite a few member in RHOCAR and 2 of my cars. Never had a bad feedback as far as I know. Didi a cracking job on mine

Parky

posted on 6/3/15 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure you can't stay with the car at Autotronix? They have done at lot of work on my car and I have been really please (admittedly not RR tuning) and all the local guys in Mx5 championship use them!
40inches

posted on 6/3/15 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Parky
Are you sure you can't stay with the car at Autotronix? They have done at lot of work on my car and I have been really please (admittedly not RR tuning) and all the local guys in Mx5 championship use them!

I was told that I would need a lift after dropping the car off. They don't have anywhere to wait. The office is a very small shed just inside the main door.
Strangely they do Dyno shoot-outs, there are videos floating about the web.

bikecarbfred

posted on 10/4/15 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Is this some kind of joke. Don't allow you to stay lol. There is a road outside. Google street it. Just stand out side and when they are about to blast it off on the rollers you would want to be there wouldn't you incase your hearing some ping pong noises.

Bogg brothers said to me about getting a lift back. In the end I stayed and ended up helping him on a crucial matter which only I knew about the car and it saved him hours!!!

Like one of the guys said, you know your car when you have worked on it inside out. i,.e electrical wiring, custom ecu's.

This could be really helpful.

40inches

posted on 10/4/15 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bikecarbfred
Is this some kind of joke. Don't allow you to stay lol. There is a road outside. Google street it. Just stand out side and when they are about to blast it off on the rollers you would want to be there wouldn't you incase your hearing some ping pong noises.

Bogg brothers said to me about getting a lift back. In the end I stayed and ended up helping him on a crucial matter which only I knew about the car and it saved him hours!!!

Like one of the guys said, you know your car when you have worked on it inside out. i,.e electrical wiring, custom ecu's.

This could be really helpful.

No joke! If they say you can't stay on the premises, you leave, or take your car away.
Standing on the pavement outside for 3 hrs don't sound much like fun to me, especially if it is hissing down

bikecarbfred

posted on 10/4/15 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
I understand the mechanic might be one of those that gets uncomfortable having someone around watching him while he does his work.

It's a hard one. Imagine leaving your car/bike there overnight and you come back to it and they tell you this and that happened to it because the engine was in bad condition when they opened it up. Who's to say it was... If you were not there at the time you'll never know.

I can only see the "leave the car here and we will call you when it's done" as a insurance policy for the mechanic.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.