Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: May and Hammond gone
02GF74

posted on 25/3/15 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
May and Hammond gone

Seems they're sticking by the big man.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/25/jeremy-clarkson-fired-richard-hammond-and-james-may-quit-top-gear-may-calls-clarkson-a-knob-5120492/

jeffw

posted on 25/3/15 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
While it may prove to be true I wouldn't trust the Metro to 'break' the story

coozer

posted on 25/3/15 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
While it may prove to be true I wouldn't trust the Metro to 'break' the story

Yep, not when there's piles of them ready at the print well before the rest of the papers are rolling off the presses...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

spiderman

posted on 25/3/15 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
"an unprovoked verbal and physical attack" really? So Clarkson just walks up to the guy calls him all the names under the sun and then punches him in the face for nothing? If that were the case he wouldn't only be arrested for assault he would be committed to a psychiatric institution, I do agree he should not go unpunished for his actions as he should be man big enough and ugly enough to walk away from an provoked incident without reverting to violence.
I'm no saint and have in my younger days punched some pious little p*!@ks in my time but it just isn't worth it in the long run, no matter how much satisfaction it gives you at the time.

Spider

chillis

posted on 26/3/15 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
"an unprovoked verbal and physical attack" really? So Clarkson just walks up to the guy calls him all the names under the sun and then punches him in the face for nothing? If that were the case he wouldn't only be arrested for assault he would be committed to a psychiatric institution, I do agree he should not go unpunished for his actions as he should be man big enough and ugly enough to walk away from an provoked incident without reverting to violence.

Yeh I'm not sure I believe the unprovoked attack. That said TV presenters and personalities like Mr Clarkson do have unfeasibly large ego's and the Diva status that goes with them. They are full of 'bon homie' for the camera's but off screen they can be pretty insufferable.

Top Gear can't survive without Clarkson and I guess the other presenters know this so its not so much standing 'by the big man' as seeing the writing on the wall.

The BBC feminazi's have been after top gear for quite a while and the 'give him enough rope' tactic seems to have worked.
That leaves a £50million hole in the BBC budget that we will no doubt have to pay for in increased lisence fees

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

kj

posted on 26/3/15 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Clarckson to be the next UKIP spokesman ?

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

britishtrident

posted on 26/3/15 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
Clarckson to be the next UKIP spokesman ?

He would see them as a bunch of lefty tree huggers.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.