Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: company to move car in birmingham
02GF74

posted on 9/4/15 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
company to move car in birmingham

Mate in birmingham is looking for company to move a car off his property.

Police dont want to know as it is not on public road.

Cutting handbrake, brick through window are not options.

So company needed that either have dolly to lift braked rear wheeks to tow it or one of them grab lift things bearing in mind it is only possible to park in front of the car.

cliftyhanger

posted on 9/4/15 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
As in it belongs to somebody unknown who just dumped/parked it there?

Trolley jack at the back, roll it onto the road, park it on double yellows. Or if you are feeling generous park it legally.

I doubt a legit company will take a car away without some sort of proper paperwork, which is doubtless impossible to get as a wronged citizen.

02GF74

posted on 9/4/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, he just wants it off his property, left on road is fine.

In an ideal world, he d like it rid and crushed but without paperwork hed be committing an offense. He wants to do it within the law and no damage to car.

Slimy38

posted on 9/4/15 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I remember a time at college when there was a mini blocking a load of cars in. It took about half a dozen blokes to 'bounce' it out of the way. Use the suspension bounce and some good timing to just shift it, and this car had it's handbrake on.

If it's on tarmac, I'd also go for one or two trolley jacks to lift the braked wheels (or an engine crane will work as well), and just drag it on to the road. Since the police were so helpful the first time round, I'd be tempted to put it on double yellows so they have to do something about it.

[Edited on 9/4/15 by Slimy38]

theduck

posted on 9/4/15 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
I saw the police recovering a stolen van. They hooked up a tow strap to a 4x4 and just dragged it out of a car park on to the road even though the hand brake was on AND they had keys!! Only once it was on the road did they release the handbrake to load it on to the transporter.
PSpirine

posted on 9/4/15 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
A range rover/land rover will pull a car sideways with handbrake on with no bother, just hook it up with a beefy strap. Did this to drag a passat I had with collapsed suspension off the road and onto my drive.
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 10/4/15 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
See if you can beg/steal/borrow a set of car wheel skates from a local garage or bodyshops for an hour. Some of the new ones slide either side of the wheels and allow you to jack it up, others you may have to jack vehicle corners up and push them underneath the wheels then lower. Either way, with a mate or two, you could then move it to public highway (obviously not positioned dangerously), and leave. Council or police will soon come and move it.

Option B is to clamp it, and write to DVLA requesting owners details as the vehicle appears to have been abandoned on his/her property (include photos). Write to said owner saying £100 release fee plus £x per day storage charge. That should soon get their attention.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

designer

posted on 10/4/15 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Contact DVLA and claim the car as yours is the easiest solution.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 10/4/15 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
Contact DVLA and claim the car as yours is the easiest solution.

Isn't that fraud, though? At least if you try and contact the owner as suggested above, you could always offer to transfer ownership if they don't want to pay your suggested fees, then sign the car over to the land owner to allow proper disposal/weighing in....

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

designer

posted on 10/4/15 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Isn't that fraud,

It's not. The DVLA contact the registered owner if there is one and informs him/her that somebody has requested ownership. It is then up the registered owner to either remove the vehicle, or it reverts to the applicant.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theduck

posted on 10/4/15 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q441.htm

Fill in form V888

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.