Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC / CEC Performance Crossover Point
adithorp

posted on 26/11/15 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
On a greasy pot-holed B road it'd come down to how close you're willing to push to the limits. A BEC will (IMO) be further from those limits on the road than a CEC.

When I've toured there's always been both and it's always the BEC drivers who get longer to admire the veiw at the top of a mountain pass.

I've driven mine through rush hour in cities like Milan and Turin (doesn't get any crazier) and it will "pootle into work" but it wouldn't be my weapon of choice as a comuter.

[Edited on 26/11/15 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mark chandler

posted on 26/11/15 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Looking at track day times give a good indication.

A bike powered fury will be faster than an equivilent car engined fury on short tracks/twisty tracks, look at circuits with long straights and it swaps over, we are only talking a couple of seconds each way.

Years ago Bizzle was following me in his striker at Brands, I was on tired slicks, he was on road tyres there was negligible difference between us, I would say it's all down to driver preference/capability at the end of the day.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.