Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan Qashqai
jacko

posted on 7/2/16 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan Qashqai

Hi all
I am thinking of a new car and quite like the Nissan Qashqai my question is do any of you have one and what do you think of it ?
would you buy another one
Which is best derv or petrol i only do about 6000 miles a year
What are they like for towing
thanks jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 7/2/16 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
I used to work in the factory... My opinion is a big fat NO..

Having worked for Ford, Toyota, Honda, Jaguar and Nissan... Nissan are bottom of the list for quality IMO.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

perksy

posted on 7/2/16 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Have one mate who has one now and loves his. doesn't use it for towing though

Have another mate who had one and hated it, had that many problems he couldn't wait to get rid of it

However I think it either is or used to be the most popular car in its class in the UK and you don't get that if its pants ?

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 7/2/16 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
I know a few people that have them they all seem to like them all cars have issues I don't think there that bad as for towing I don't know have a look at caravan club forums there always a good place to find if a cars any good for towing if your only going to do 6000 miles a year I would get a petrol but it won't very good on fuel .
britishtrident

posted on 7/2/16 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Diesel will have higher resale value than petrol --- but it is really a just Renault in a kimono.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

rusty nuts

posted on 7/2/16 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
As the diesel is a Renault you'll soon find out what it's like to tow.
twybrow

posted on 7/2/16 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Awful cars - no idea how they sold so many. Gutless diesel engines and shoddy build quality. Two of my sisters had them, and one was replaced under warranty due to catastrophic engine failure, and the other had no end of issues, mostly related to fit and finish of the interior. And just for good measure, I cannot ride in the passenger seat as there is insufficient headroom and a not adjustable seat. Utter tosh imho.
David Jenkins

posted on 7/2/16 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
My neighbour has one - the rear visibility is awful. She's had a couple of parking/reversing scrapes because of it, not helped by her not-to-great driving ability!

myke pocock

posted on 7/2/16 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Skoda Yeti, cracking motor and always do well in the JD Powers survey. Won Tow Car of the Year not so long ago.
britishtrident

posted on 8/2/16 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
My neighbour has one - the rear visibility is awful. She's had a couple of parking/reversing scrapes because of it, not helped by her not-to-great driving ability!

Most modern cars are hell to reverse because you can't see the back corners in the mirrors.

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 8/2/16 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Kia Sportage ---- most buyers seem pretty happy with them and they have a 7 year warranty.

A lot of our local taxi drivers are now buying Kia and seem to like them

[Edited on 8/2/16 by britishtrident]

[/I]

pewe

posted on 8/2/16 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Dangerous as far as I'm concerned.
Hired one in France a couple of years ago and almost killed us all.
Power steering's electric - no feed-back whatsoever - when I ran a bit wide onto the road edge you couldn't feel where and which way the wheels were pointing - almost dragged us into the ditch.....
Cheers, Pewe10

nick205

posted on 8/2/16 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not my type of car I must say and judging by the ones I see down south they're more suited to the school run than any work.

jacko

posted on 8/2/16 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Reading your posts it looks like it will be a wast of time even going to look at them
its a big NO then
thanks for the info
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rm0rgan

posted on 17/5/16 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
For balance - I've just covered 38,000 miles in just under 2 years in mine - no major problems at all and have averaged 54mpg from new. The only niggle I have had is the drivers seat squeaking and that's being replaced under warranty (probably as I'm fat!). Heaps of toys as standard, in fact I think the only think you change on mine was the colour and add some bling - yes some of the toys are useless but you'll be hard pushed to get as many gadgets for the money.

Comfortable and above all, really quiet on the road. It's a nice place to sit - I have a 1.5dci Tekna so it won't win any races but the engine has got better as the miles have come on. You do need to get used to the lack of grunt but that can be said for all unber-eco engines these days at 99grm emissions.

My advice would be try one - although having said that, the new Jag F-pace looks nice!

Sigs are uncool.

pewe

posted on 17/5/16 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Saw a report recently where IIRC the Koreans were complainig the vehicles produced in Washington had cheat software - they would wouldn't they but smoke and fire....
Cheers, Pewe

Jon Ison

posted on 17/5/16 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
My mrs had one on a 12 plate, we both loved it, no rattles or build problems, she now as a note as since we moved she's clocking up more miles, again more than happy with it, yesterday I did a 160 mile round trip back home in it, average 74mpg. Qashqai did around mid 50's.

It's a car and does what it says on the tin.

Oh both n-tec.

AntonUK

posted on 17/5/16 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Had one in Iceland as a hire car for a week, initially disappointed. But to be fair, It did everything I asked it to, in the dry, wet, ice, snow and gravel.

Not sure i'd spend my own money on one, but if you are looking for car like that then its worth a look at least.

I tried the Renhalt Kadjar recently as a company car trial. Its the same car underneath, but wasn't my cup of tea either

although the computer/stereo/sat nav thing is awful.

Build Photos Here

trextr7monkey

posted on 17/5/16 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
We have 2 both 59 plates one is a 1.6 ntec and the other is a 2 litre 4wd version both petrol both grey. No complaints good driving position rear cameras for reversing. Tyres are expensive but we are familiar with the problems cheapo tyres can bring and in the scheme of things not a major consideration when you are whipping down the motorway.
Either we have been lucky or just had reliable vehicles as generally we have not had any problems mechanically other than drop links caused by pot holes.
Previously we had an X trail which served us well and wife has recently acquired a Juke Nismo with awd paddle shift etc and for some one who just thinks of a car as transport from A to B she loves it.
I would say to go and test drive a few and see for yourself!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

Toprivetguns

posted on 18/5/16 at 05:01 AM Reply With Quote
If you can stretch that bit further, the skoda yeti 4x4 diesel is a mighty car.

[Edited on 18/5/16 by Toprivetguns]

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

skippad

posted on 18/5/16 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Quashqui and Duke...designed by Stevie Wonder
the most ugliest cars available....and for the size of them, inside room is atrocious.....what the F**k were they thinking of??

Skoda Yeti .... the way to go!

trextr7monkey

posted on 18/5/16 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Lol!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.